How did your parents react to finding out you smoke?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighAsPhuck, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Could you imagine if this was how your parents reacted to finding out that you smoked weed?

I hope no one has ever had an experience like that, but there's probably reactions that are worse. Damn.

:smoking::smoking::smoking:

2. Mom - You can't live here. You need help. You're an addict. I'll pray for you.
    Dad - Ok.

3. "Don't you feel great? Just don't try ____ that stuff is AMAZING!" I called my mother the first time I ever got high and this is what was said to me.

My dad and I don't talk much so I choose not to tell him, he wouldn't be able to do anything to me anyways, he probably smokes too, I know he's a heavy drinker now and was experimental thanks to my mom so who knows. But that's not a conversation I feel ever needs to happen between my dad and I.

4. Dad - "Yeah I saw you toking up in the garage. I was wondering if you would tell me. I smoke every day."

Mom - "Just don't let me see it."

5. What about like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmgua1IX-Jo]Prank makes Mom Go Insane - YouTube[/ame]

6. me: smoking joint
    my dad: are you going to pass that shit?

7. My mom laughed and said the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. What a relief :)
    Dad didn't care either, came back from vacation and told me to fire it up.

8. not well
    eventually i got kicked out
    lets just say smoking at home isnt a good idea

9. mom - "get out of my house"

father was in jail. then my mom married my stepdad who is a medical marijuana user and she completely changed her stance. she has no mind of her own but i suppose i should be happy about that right now.

10. My mom kicked me out of my house, went to live with my dad. My dad was just like "I don't really think its cool you had it under your moms roof, but I don't have a problem with it. Just don't be a dumbass, and wait until you're 18" and now that I'm an adult, neither of them really give a shit. I was visiting my mom and she knew I was high, I just got bitched out a little for lying about being high and how it was a bad influence on my siblings lol. She actually told me she doesn't give a shit what I do on my free time and its just pot. Little does she know, me and my little brother blaze occasionally :p

11. Gourmet pies and cakes waiting in the kitchen late at night.

But mom never outright told me she knew.

12. Mom called the cops and I got arrested.
    Dad agreed completely with her.
    I don't think they liked me smoking....

13. Eh my mom also said I couldn't come home until I did 30 days in rehab. I was just like "ummm... really?" and cut off contact with her lol. We kind of made up as time passed

14. My dad is a bad motherfucker academically, and is very open to logical argument. So I sat him down at his favorite place (bar + beer), and made my case like a lawyer. OK with it, potentially open to trying, in support of legalization.

My mom was just a loop of 'but what if you get hash psychosis'?

15. Was 19 had to move back into my parents house. Hid it until one night when I was up late playing video games and went out to smoke the whole time I was out there I was sure I smelled weed, walked around to the back of the house and who is standing there smoking a bowl? My mom she is standing there like a deer in the headlights looking at me. She starts in on trying to explain and how its not really drugs and bla bla bla.... about 5 mins in I say "can I hit that?"
    Her: Ummm, I don't think thats a good Idea .....
    Me: Ummm, yeah it is.
    So I explained to her how stressed out I been and how I could not find weed all day, so we finished off the bowl and bullshitted for the rest of the night.
    My step dad did not care but because of his job would not allow it in the house at all. Which was cool he would let me smoke outside when no one was up but would have to stash it in my car at night.

Me and my mom still smoke together, always before larger family events it seems.

16. lets see, my dad is a probation officer so you can imagine that kind of talk.

but one stupid fuckin thing he says is
    "oh my friend smoked weed and did coke and stuff and he died, but probably from the weed"

omg...

17. I don't feel I need to tell them as I doubt they'd care if they knew (pretty easy going parents)

Also they might want to smoke with me, and I don't want that happening... Unless they're buying... hmm maybe I should tell them....

18. That's awesome.

Only if all parents were this reasonable and open minded cannabis would've been legalized a long time ago.

19. My parents knew since I turned 15 that I smoked. They never preached a word about it, until I found out my dad toked too. Smoked him up a few years ago and apparently he was getting ditch weed because my bud fucked him out of his mind haha

20. Parents were already divorced.

Mother went through my room because of suspicions she had.

Found a bunch of evidence after completely destroying my room.

She tried to give me a bunch of rules I now had to live by. I said fuck that and ran away from home.

I still showed up at school since she didn't catch me until I was a senior and I just wanted to graduate.

My teachers found out somehow, probably from gossip and felt bad. I drank heavily at night to sleeep in the cold since it was winter in jersey. Id show up to class still drunk and smelling heavily of alcohol. I'd just sleep the first few periods.

My mother realized I wasn't giving in any time soon and eventually cracked and said she didn't want me to be homeless any more after only about 2 weeks. She did still say she wanted me to go to NA meetings. Agreed to go to a few if she stfu about the whole thing.

Went to 2 with my older sisters boyfriend. After hearing about people doing much harder drugs and how it ruined thirty life I realized I was wasting my time because weed didn't make me do any of the dumb shit they were talking about.

We eventually started skipping NA to smoke weed.

2 years later I started a career and in no time.was making more than both my parents combined. I sat my mother down and gave her hell about how she acted like I was a huge failure because I smoked pot. I owned my 3rd house before my older sister got her own place. Then again her own place was the house we all lived in, my mother moved out since it was obvious my sister wasn't.

Nowadays my mother realizes my life is my life and if I make a decision it is probably 10 times better than the decision she would of made.

I'm currently on a 3 year paid vacation from work after doing 8 years straight.