Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How did your parents react the first time they caught you?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bamboobam, Jan 18, 2014.

1. I was caught around 14-

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #22 aToker, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    When I was real young like 13, I idiotically smoked in he house and she freaked the fuck out and said I wasn't her child lol. During highschool I was allowed to smoke in my room because I was a good and quiet kid. She knows I still toke from time to time although it's more frequent then that haha. Sent from my iPad Air

3. I can't remember. I was too stoned.

• Like Like x 3
  4. They weren't mad, they said they had expected me to try it at some point

5. My parents were both big time potheads when they were my age, and when they first found out I had tried weed it didn't bother them at all, they thought it was cool I smoked.  My mom even said to me, "that's THE drug to try if you're going to try anything". 

6. My mom was over dramatic and acted like i was doing coke. She said the same bullshit from the reagan administration. (Bullshit lies) She pretends to not know i do now. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. my parents both smoke and have grown up with that smell. they have never caught me and i have never told them but we both know we smoke as i have found my rolling papers and lighters  missing sometimes from my stash box

8. The first time I got caught I was 16 and had just blazed in my room before school. Mom walked in and smelled it and found my piece. I told her I barely blazed but then when I went to school she searched my room and found like 5 lighters some bud and a homemade bong lol. She was pissed as hell of course and it caused a lot of tension for a good couple years. Now it's chill, I'm 21 and still live at home but I work and go to school and do my own thing so she's backed off. I still hide it from her a bit, I feel like if I told her how I've blazed daily usually twice a day at least for a few years now she probably wouldn't even believe it lol

9. I actually think my mom first found out by me telling her about it. I had gone out on a date with this guy I really liked and we had toked in his truck before watching the newest Thor movie (fucking awesome date btw haha) and I came home fucking baked out of my mind. I was also deliriously happy because I had successfully made a move on my date and we ended up making out. So I was in the kitchen making snacks and she came in and asked, "so how exactly trashed are you?" Like the stoned moron I was I replied, "I'm not trashed, I'm high!" LOL Actually pretty funny thinking back...

I don't think she fully understand why I do it (it helps with my anxiety a lot) and doesn't understand the precautions I take to be responsible with it (drug testing myself so I know how long it's in my system so I know I can pass a DT, not keeping any on me or in my car, not driving under the influence, not smoking before or at work/school, ect.) Funny thing is, I love burning incense and for the longest time she thought every time I burned incense I was smoking weed. I really wasn't because that was before I had even ever seen/smelled weed.

Anyways, she kinda knew about me smoking weed but had never "caught" me in the act until a few weeks ago. She came home early and we were being very sloppy with covering up the smell so she bitched b/c she could smell it in the hallway. There was no denying it because my friend was literally taking a hit when she walked into my room.

She called my dad and he actually was more annoyed that she had called him more than anything. I'm in the process of getting a new job so his main concern was me being able to pass a DT.

I've smoked since and have just been better at hiding it and making sure she isn't coming home early.

• Like Like x 1
  10. As an adult I've lived at home on and off and I've noticed my mom can't stand to even think about me drinking alcohol but when it comes to weed she seems perfectly fine with me smoking in her house all the time as long as I do it discreetly.  I know she's smelled it plenty of times in the past and she was a stoner so she knows exactly what it smells like but she takes it about as seriously as coffee drinking.  Also I think she recognizes it has very positive effects on my mood. 

11. Never really been caught in the act of smoking, but when they heard i smoked they tried to like subtly accuse me. they were pretty pissed, but what are they gonna do about it. they have confiscated weed from me on 3 occasions - twice i stole it back and smoked it. the time i didnt steal it back i had an ounce of dro. which really pissed me of. have you ever lost an ounce of dro?

12. Can't remember. Probably didn't react to pleasantly though

13. My parents didn't actually react all that bad. I was at the movies with my girlfriend ( ex girlfriend now) then I come home and I am a little bit high, and dad said he found my stuff in my room I was saying what stuff playing dumb as every 14 year old would. Then he pulls everything out haha I freaked out thinking that I'm gonna get in so much shit. He just said his disappointed that I'm doing it at a young age. Then he asked if I had anything on me I told him no but I had some in my wallet. So he told me to take everything out of my pockets and I pull my wallet out so he starts going through it pulling everything out, and he was so close to finding it before he stopped looking. Biggest relief

14. My mom got super pissed.

My dad high fived me.

15. My dad was flat out disappointed... I hate seeing him like that. :( even thinking about his face that day makes me sad. 

My mom went ballistic and tried to shatter my bong, but she couldn't because the glass was really thick. LOL Then the subject changed because I was suicidal at the time, so I didn't get to see her react too much to the weed. 

16. I was 16 my mom bursts in room and starts screaming.....What you smoking? Let me hit it! So I'm guessing she wasn't too upset!

17. I was never caught. I eventually got tired of feeling hiding it so I just told my mom then eventually my dad and step mom . they were more disappointed cause none of my immediate family smoked. Iv showed them all the studies and truths but they rather me not smoke

18. I got caught when I was 17. They were pissed. I got grounded, couldn't leave the house except to go to school. But it was cool I just bought weed at school, basically after I got up until college my time was spent trying to sneak and smoke weed without my parents knowing/catching me. 

19. #39 -Martyr, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    I was never caught. My mom and I are pretty close and so when I was younger and just getting out of high school I just told her that I cut back on drinking and started just smoking weed because it was a much more beneficial vice. I've also had the same group of friends from like elementary school, and they all picked up smoking with me also. She trusts them just as much, and we've never really given our parents a reason not to. We were all honors students in high school who played sports and drank on the weekends, and none of us have ever been in more trouble than getting a driving ticket. My dad is anyone's guess. We're not that close and he's kind of oblivious to some things, but who knows. Ex-Marines have to have some perception. He told me a few stories about trying it in high school and he said he disliked the paranoid feeling he got and the munchies. So whether he knows or not, anything he has to say about weed is irrelevant to me- not only is he old school and uneducated on the plant, but he's already got a negative stigma built around it.

20. My mom said, look son, your 45 aren't you a little old to be smoking marijuana?