How did you meet your significant other?

Discussion in 'General' started by incrededibles, Apr 18, 2018.

1. I’ve been dwelling on the fact that I’m not as confident as I’d like to be. The majority of dates i get are from tinder. I thought it might be inspiring to hear some success(hopefully) stories! Was it on a train, at university, at the mall? Bonus if it’s a cute story

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 6
  3. #3 Dizzy, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Back when we were Teenagers he saw me at a party an started chatting me up.

We have been married since May of 2011 an have 2 kids together (soon to be 3 in a few months). I love him so much.:love: I'm his ride or die chick 4 life!!!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. GC

• Like Like x 5
  5. #5 CBDBurner, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
    BC38A5F4-5D3D-4F03-8AC8-4247C8DF6030.jpeg
    My wife n I met at work. I was married and unhappy she was in a unhealthy relationship as well. We worked together for a year before I moved to a different company in a different city after my divorce. We stayed in touch for 3 months before we started hanging out. She showed me what a true friendship really was and Ive never felt so comfortable with anyone before and After 6 months we started dating and 5.5 years later we were married.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. We first saw each other on a subway. I was off to class and she was lost with her camera. I fell hard but never talked to her. Then 1 week later we saw each other in a bakery cafe close to where I was living at the time. We sat and had lunch and the rest is history.

• Like Like x 5
  7. My wife to be and I met on a blind date in 1969...we lived together until we married in 1978...two sons and many years later we are still together...amazing how quickly life goes by.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. We met while I was in college and he was working in a game shop that I liked to hang around. He and I really got to know each other when I started working there and we started having weekly D&D sessions with our coworkers.

• Like Like x 4
  9. GC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Well, I'm not married lol but I met the girl I'm dating at my work

• Like Like x 2
  11. I know most of you think Plenty of Fish is a horrible dating site, but that's how we met. I don't believe in long drawn out emails. He wrote to me once, gave me his number and I called him. I told him pretty quickly that I had a medical card because I knew there was no point in going any farther if he wasn't ok with that. He told me he had his too, and the rest is history.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Met mine on Valentine's day at a school dance 33 yrs ago.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. My buddy introduced me to her. I lit her on fire and took a hit , it's been love ever since

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  14. I was 18 years old and working for a roofing company and would walk my grimy ass by her desk at the insurance company we were roofing. I asked her out, she said yes so I went back up on the roof and of course told the boys that I had a date with the hot chick downstairs. My buddy said to me “hey, I’ve been eyeing this other chick
    Downstairs too”.so we ended up double dating these two girls.

We also ended up both marrying them. I dated mine for 8 years and have been also married for 27 years. 3 kids and 35 years since we met.

J

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. My sister introduced us, playing damn match maker. Wasn't really feeling him at first, but as they say, he grew on me. He became my best friend and favorite person to be around. Been married to him for 28 years. Sometimes the sight of him and the sound of his voice irritates the shit outta me. Yep, he's the love of my life.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Met my wife as a Pen Pal in 2002, in the book.. Pacific Island Ladies. Shes Filipina. She was working as a live in caregiver in Singapore. Got married in 2002.

Shes now a Cardiologist!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. I'm hunting a wolf and she jumps her horse into my hiding place in the bush

my life has been so confusing since

and I lost that wolf too

18. met my gf online but idk if she's my significant other lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. My friend introduced us and after hanging out a few times we decided to make it official. Twelve years and one kid later we have never been closer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I met her through her best friend who I was dating at the time. . That was all she wrote I guess, 12 years and counting, now!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2