Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how did you guys get into weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by redPHAT, Nov 8, 2013.

1. alright so im high as fuck,just had some resin/hash balls through a slushy bong and i feel fucked,anyways.
    i was just wondering how everyone started smoking weed?

here's my story:
    okay so i was always a sad kid,never had any friends or anything. i was in health class one day and they were doing those drug lecture things,and my teacher went over how weed can help people mentally and physically and he had a long list of things that it could help with,one of those was depression,so i went home and looked it up and researched a little bit. the guy down the street that used to play gta with me smoked weed,i knew because he showed me before,so i went to his house and asked him if i could try it,he of course said no because i was about 12 at the time,but he eventually let me try it after asking him over and over. i did actually inhale correctly,my first time was with a gatorade bottle bong,i did get high,and it was enjoyable,he used to give me free weed all the time until i moves,was great. i found that it did in turn make me happier and over all made me a better person.

so,whats your stories?  :smoke:

2. #2 Rootsphere_Farms, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    I never smoked in high school, I never felt mentally prepared to try it until I was 18 the week after graduating. Been a daily smoker ever since

There was not much good info out there so I educated myself about Cannabis to make sure it's wasn't harmful in any way and then I tried it cool story. :]

3. I was a freshmen in high school.

In one of my classes I sat by a senior that I thought was soo cool. Him and I got to talking, and we had a lot in common, liked the same music and shit

He eventually asked me if I smoke weed. And I said no, so he offered to smoke me out.

That is when I fell in love with cannabis.

4. I didn't get into weed, weed got into me.

You can call me insane but the fact remains that I'm a psycho.

5. I smoke so much, I can't remember.

6. #6 Deleted member 629842, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    I smoke like three times in high-school, but never really enjoyed it. 
    But when I was dating some girl one summer, I had the chance to smoke a few bowls. 
    I actually held the hits in, and the high was enjoyable. 
    After I  graduated and that girl left, I hung out with a friend I had known for a while, and we basically lived together and blazed every day. I hardly even see that mo'fucker anymore but we still blaze eachother out. 

7. I was about 5, my older sisters were hippies and let me take bong hits.

By 11 I had my own stash,bong ,plants. my folks were bikers they did not give a fuck.

8. roommate in college

9. In high school most of my friends smoked and I thought it was bad for you. After I graduated in the summer my friends and I were all chilling one night. They had cookies and I had one was a blast. I didnt smoke until my 18th birthday however since I wasnt sure how it was for your health. Then I researched it and discovered that its really not that harmful and has more pros then cons. It helped my anxiety tremendously and ive been smoking pretty much daily since(with a few breaks here and there) almost at a year now :p

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Started in my late twenties. Was looking for a vice or escape to relieve work stress and to combat depression and social anxiety. Did some research and decided this was the best option FOR ME at the time. Didn't want to get into booze or hard drugs, considered smoking, but again, between cost and health didn't seem worth it.

Had a great first dealer, was good about selling me different strains each time (gf and I smoked about a 1/4 every 10 days) and he really taught me how to enjoy weed to the fullest. Used forums like this and YouTube to learn HOW to smoke - started with a pipe, vowed i would never change, then moved to a bong and vowed I would never change, then moved to vaping and am loving it, but truthfully, though I've been smoking with a vape exclusively for the past 9 months I still think I would prefer a bong - but found with a bong I could over smoke, green out get panic attacks, etc. so while the best bong high is better than the best vape high, the vape is the most consistent and healthy.

Sometimes I worry that I smoke too much and that someone will soon discover how bad MJ is for you, but I love it. I love discoveries the subtleties, the different tastes, etc. it's more than just a high or a form of recreation, it's a sub-culture.

So, I'm about two years in and still loving it. Sometimes I find myself chasing new ways in which to enjoy it. Goal is never to get fucked up, but to find the best high that I can ride the longest. Best I have found is a mid rip from a bong, and then using a vape at 45 minute intervals (half a bag each time) until I'm done and then to avoid a burnout from a full day of smoking I have a cup of Camomile tea and a large bottle of water. Works perfectly.

Still gotta learn how to curb the munchies. Wreaking havoc on my digestive system.

This was a long and convoluted answer to a simple question...

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. No offense but that seems fucked up know haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. well the good part is Im not in prison doing 38 years like my best friend is, he was a good boy up till the day he killed somebody.

Im older and mellowed out but its a fucking miracle im not in prison.

13. #13 DeputyDank420, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    -

14. #14 BlazedPlatypus, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    Music, actually. I listened to Kid Cudi and MGMT and heard all about the cannabis culture around all of it. I had heard about weed and all and began to research it and actually began reading threads here on GC back in December. Didn't actually get high the first time until May when I decided I wanted to do it myself.

15. I saw family guy episode 420.
    Then I say the Harold and kumar films, then after that I blazed then ended up watching every stoner movie out there.

16. Soph in high school and my best friend peer pressured me to smoke. I didnt get high the first two times, but that 3rd time when I did get high... I got fuucked up .. The first high is always the best. And I couldnt stop thinkin bout doggystyle with this girl I had a crush on which was great cause my imagination seemed pretty real at the time.

17. My sister did it so I got curious, I was 12 and tried it 5-6 times.. didn't start doing it a lot until freshman year of highschool although I can recall myself doing atleast 50 times until I was in highscool.

YOLO

Just kidding but I'm on a break to let my lungs rest after 1 1/2 years daily smoking.

18. Blazed for the first time when i was 13, my mate here blazing with me has smoked since uni. We're currently blazing on some hash for the first time- it's only ever been weed around here since ever and a guy recently started doing 3.5 for £20 of really good hash. Smoked most of it and had some in yoghurt- it has been insane haha. 

19. When I was in 5th grade I had this "speacial class" called champs that "educated" kids about drugs (at the time i actly wanted to be a cop). This cop ends up on the subject of marijuana ,and tells me "one hit of a marijuana cigarette will make you hallucinate ,and overdose". This sounded a little ignorant to me ,so I thought I'd do a little research online ,and to my surprise marijuana has never directly caused any deaths (unlike alcohol ,and tobacco which remain perfectly legal). Needless to say I stopped wanting to be a cop ,and continued to research this amazing plant known as marijuana for another 3-4 years before ever actually trying it. The more I learned the more facinated I became with marijuana cultivation ,and culture. I eventually tried marijuana ,and have been educating the ignorant ever sense.

20. First introduced to weed by my older brother, thats where I first smelt the sweet ganja (thought it smelled like a dirty skunk at the time) I was in like 4th grade or something, he kept his spoon in the bathroom that our 2 rooms shared. I didn't smoke until sophmore of HS though