How Did You Feel The First Time You Took A Driving Test?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LoveisKind, Sep 18, 2014.

1. I remember being soooo nervous and the first time I took it, this big (big and buff ass lady) came out and remember immediately feeling intimidated. I start driving and basically fucked up and failed the test... I fucked up on some things such as rolling over the line where the stop sign is and I tried to pass a car and she tried to stop me saying "did I instruct you to do that?" It was sooo embarrassing. I guess I had a lot of nerves, but the next time I took it, I passed with flying colors.

2. I wasn't too worried about it because I know the DMV people are pretty much assholes so I was prepared to be an asshole right back. They weren't that day though. I was more worried about the written portion than the driving.

3. I passed the written with passing colors the first and second time. The big ass lady made me nervous as hell and she had a deep voice,

4. In Texas up until a few years back, you didn't have to take the driving test if you did the course with your parents and they checked off that you passed their final test. My dad didn't even bother with testing me on parallel parking hahah, we don't need that shit in Texas! So, my driving test was chill as fuck. I just went in with some papers saying I had passed, and they gave me my license.

5. Yep, definitely easier when you know what to expect.
    I was nervous too. This brusque old lady came out and said "well, we've had some bad ones and some good ones today; let's make this a good one, mmkay?" Went smoothly enough though. I got docked a few points due to not merging into the center turn lane fast enough, and during the part where you have to pull up next to the curb and reverse in a straight line, I kept my head turned looking out the rear window without periodically glancing out the windshield. Thankfully when we got back to the DMV she was all "....ok, you passed." Big sigh of relief lol.

Every DMV office is home to some <sup>very</sup> large, overbearing woman who is seemingly eating her staff judging by her being the only one there -_-

7. Lucky. Mine was definitely was harsh the first time. The second time was a chill dude and we went out and he was making jokes and stuff. So, it eased the mood.

8. I was nervous and I failed lol. Was soo fuckin heated, even left school early to go do it, had to go back to school empty handed and pissed as fuck haha. I didn't even make it outta the parking lot before I failed it...

9. I guess I will make you guys jealous on what its like to be a girl.

I was so nervous. It was pouring and I never parked when it was raining like that. So this chill ass guy is testing me. I had to park first and I bumped the curb. Should've failed there. He told me to take a breath and relax and keep going. So my foot is shaking like hell on the gas. I do the exaggerated stop and look. So basically we get back and hes like

What was the speed limit back there?
    I guessed like 3 or 4 times and didn't get it. He was like you pulled out too slow. Mom get ready for your insurance to go up.

Yeah whats up I passed on my first try and I fucked up hardcore. Hey at least its pay off for my horrible period every month.

10. I aced it the first time. Like a 98 on the test and the driving I only hit one cone on parking.

sent from your mom's house

11. I fucked up my drive test big time. I stopped off at a bar and got drunk, then I hit a police car. Bad times.

12. The test in FL is a joke.  You don't even go out on the open road.  Just stay in a parking lot and basically: park and back out, stop at a stop sign, go around a path 3 times (no cones to be worried about), oh and a three point turn, and bam license.

13. it was raining very hard, that's all i remember. nothing to be nervous about.  

14. i couldnt understand a word the dude was saying, he had an accent that made his english indecipherable, ended up passing anyway 

15. I felt happy as hell til he said to my grandma, maam, your fuse is out, he'll have to reschedule in two weeks....

Two more weeks of nervous anticipation wasnt fun...

16. Whattttt? What happened?

Yea, I waited 2 weeks to take mine again. No fun :(

Mine was in the rain too, in los angelas area. Was sure fun when we hit the freeway, 70+mph with everyone around us hydroplaning :lol:

Those guys never know what theyre gettin themselves into. :laughing:

18. I failed my first time because I turned the radio off (apparently two hand on wheel at all times)
    And I did not look over my shoulder changing lanes that was my fault so whatever took it in a shitty Hyundai with barley knowin how to drive manual..got it second time took it in my 87 celica with like no exhaust lol no emissions in sc tho so fuck it

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

19. 'This is fucking easy!'

He had me go on the freeway, make a bunch of turns around the city and then said 'ok we're done'.

20. I took it with my HS driving instructor, after I had driven around with him for a week or two. So it was chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum