How Did You Exercise Today?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Durchii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Chest/Triceps/Shoulders/Abs

2. today was pushup day/chest

wide pushup x15
    diamond pushup x15
    alt. shuffle pushup x10
    (Weight-Free Upper-Body Workout - Men's Health)
    ^x2
    plus some other variations but no repeated sets or anything (weighted, triple stop pushup (when youre going down, stop midway, hold for 2 sec, go down, hold for 2 sec, push up halfway, hold for 2 sec, push all the way up then hold for 2 sec, etc..)

press fly x12

sorry if it's confusing, my workouts usually are :p

3. I do 200-300 push ups and crunches every day, eat healthy and drink lots of water. Mountain biking every other day (pedaling/hike a bike; no lift access or shuttles for me!) 6'4'' 180 lbs 7% body fat. Yeah I'm skinny but I'm toned as fuck

4. went longboarding around my neighborhood for like 2 hours

5. i ran a little bit today. not as long as i wanted to because i got a call and had to do some shit. I was just thinking about going out to run some more, but idk, its dark, i don't want to trip over something.

6. i walked up and down some stairs and then lifted a case of beer into the fridge(and had to take out a shelf so it would fit, that was a b*tch).

7. I drank some booze and I'm eying this DXM powder I have other than that I havent done shit to make myself any healthier... :(

I suck.

8. Hiked up th emountain, did a wee bit of jogging.

I just read that jumping on a trampoline is actually the best way to work your body out..oh the times I'm going to have exercising while high...:D:smoking:

9. went jogging. push ups, chin ups

i'm so beat, but it feels good

10. A good workout always feels great afterwards, even if you're sore and tired :)

11. #111 Olesmoky, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
    I agree OSG. Usually I strength train, I've moved my max curl up to 90 pounds now - max bench 160. I'm feeling really good for my size right now. My goal is to be able to curl 110 and bench 180 by 2010. From there I'll go straight to maintaining that and upping my endurance. that might seem low to a lot of people but when you're 5'7" and don't want to look mega ripped and veiny gross its a good limit. This week though its been endurance lifting which is also way fun. The only two things I really wish I had in my home gym are a bag, and a bar for pullups. Does anybody know if the one advertised for doorways that locks in is any good?

Today my exercise consisted of lots and lots of sit ups with variation in style, 40 push ups with a single clap, and curled the 30x 12x 4x each arm, benched 110x 12x 4x. My weight gain has slowed down quite a bit in this last month, with almost no noticeable difference. For somebody who smokes cigarettes and a lot of bud, I'd say I'm pretty fit. I really need to up my running endurance though, I'm a sprinter for now.

I like this thread, its the closest thing I have to a workout partner. My next step is eating healthier, no more junky foods unless its a special occasion. I'm 18 years old and I'd like to start being healthy as soon as possible so when I'm an olde duffer I can still go out and do fun things like rock climbing. Free climbing by the way has to be one of my favorite things to do.

12. You're only a touch shorter than I am 'smokey. That isn't too bad, what you're lifting. You can do a lot more without getting bulky and ripped but that can take time to work up to. Healthy eating is a huge key factor that some people overlook; I'm glad to see you thinking along those lines.

13. Yeah I think I'll stop cigarettes this year too. Feeling healthy is like freshly brushed teeth, it feels so much better.

14. Skateboarding.

I was drenched in my sweat for a long time.

ahh i love it.:smoking:

15. Went for a forty minute run earlier around 7:50 per mile. Trying to get back into the shape I was in last fall, going to take a couple more months till then unfortunately, but I love having a fitness goal to look forward to. Later tonight going to do a short upper body workout to cap off the day.

16. went to denver... (the altitude change was enough of a workout for a sea level fellow like myself...)

then went another 4000 feet up and went mountain biking.... its weird what the altitude does... :smoking:

ahhh

17. pretty cool post. well, today and about 3 other days a week i workout/ agility training. i play highschool football and we've been lifting 3-4 days a week for about 24 weeks getting ready for the season. its a huuuge commitment, but i love the game.

but we do quite a few different lifts and agility trainings.
    Lifts: Bench press (wide grip, and close grip) Dumbbell bench press, Power Cleans, Hang Cleans, Parallel Squats, Front squats, Straight Bar Deadlift, Hex Bar Dead Lift and some others but those are the main. Every week we change the amount of reps in a cycle, 5 by 5 weeks, 10 8 6 weeks, 3 by 3 weeks, 5 4 3 2 1 weeks, and we start that cycle over.

18. Had sex at 0400 and took the dog for a walk at 0500.

19. Did a lot of crunches, curls, lunges, and a shit load of shadow boxing. I need to get a bag in my room and this home gym will be legit as can be!

I've never worked up a sweat like I did today though... shadowboxing hard inbetween lifts mixed with crunches/bicycle/leg lifts. First day of working out since the other day when I got smashed and remember fighting/wrestling people. Found bruises all over my body haha. Thats what happens when you wrestle guys 30-60 pounds bigger than you?

Tomorrow is shoulders/back

20. i started the HGM routine today, dig it

quad a x3

bb squat x10
    bb bench press x12
    bb romanian deadlift x10
    pull up x8

quad b x2

bb close grip bench press x12
    bb lunge x10
    bb bent-over row x10
    hanging leg raise x8