How Did You Exercise Today?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Durchii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. I myself ride (Crotch Rockets) and I would never toke and/or drink before riding. I need my reflexes in tact as I do not want to hurt myself or others. I will admit, I have had a couple of drinks at like a bike night or something and rode home, but of course I was sitting there for a few hours before riding home. Hmmm...Can't get on board with this...each to his/her own.

2. Good point..... :smoking:

3. Today was shoulders and traps. It was a good workout. First was Dumbbell Presses, Barbell Shrugs, Arnold Presses, Hexbar Shrugs, Lateral Raises and then Reverse Flys. I also do 4 sets of 10 for each exercise.

4. Woo! I love to see active stoners. We can stand proud knowing that we have succeded in getting off Pete's couch.

Yesterday my friend and I took her dog to this park by our house and let him sniff other dogs butts. The best thing about this park is that its 38 acres and there is a long ass sidewalk winding through it. So we just walked around for over an hour and talked about all kinds of shit.

I really prefer doing stuff outside with other people, like frisbee golfing because I don't get bored and I don't feel like "ugh, I'm working out right now." Makes it more of a hobby than a chore.

5. Did my usual workout yesterday morning but instead of going to the gym that evening I played long distance frisbee with a friend of mine so that got my cardio going.

Went to the gym this morning, going to go the gym in an hour to do a few quick sets then off to the tennis courts to work on my game. :D

6. 6.28 minute mile with incline at 1.5% yesterday.... felt decent, but the machine didnt let me se a pace above 6 minute mile :(... i want to get a solid 6 minute mile with incline at 2% by May 3rd.... guess more 5ks are in order

7. #67 Durchii, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    I'm going to the gym in an hour or so. Trying to use it to get my mind off the past week or so and all the shit that's been going on.

I'm not sure I'll be able to put up with my lifting buddy's shit, though. I might hit him with a dumbell if he crosses a line today.

Edit After Workout: That went better than usual. I didn't have much stamina today at all, but my friend was less of a pain in the ass today... which was nice. I explained things to him and he leard to lay off a bit. I did about five miles on the exercise bike in the 12 minutes I was on it (Light Cardio Setting), benched inclines and some decline presses on both the flat bench and incline bench. Then just a few reps on the Ab Machine, curls and some Tricep Extensions.

Feeling a bit better about the day now that I got the blood flowing and out a bit. Oh shit, I have a Q'Doba Burrito in the fridge calling my name.

Heh.

8. 10.10 mile and a half at 2%... i was tired :(

9. I was a bit sluggish during my workout today because I jerked off before I left the house.

10. Did my normal morning routine of heavy bag, stretching, calethetics and isometrics. Then I spend about an hour doing kendo kata.

11. Everyday I goto the YMCA and use the elliptical until ive burned 500+ calories then I go back home and be lazy. This way It cancels itself out and I dont gain weight =p

12. hiked behind house (abandoned ski hill), and lifted.

13. Helped a friend with some tree removal and did some other little stuff.

14. Reached home at about 10, after a 12 hour flight from Bankok (couldn't sleep through any of it :(), since then just been doing press-ups whenever i feel like it, in reps of 25. I love my push ups, using them to build my shoulders at the moment.

On a good day i'll get through 300 push ups, especially if i'm sober, going to go and do some skipping in a bit.

15. Im still in highschool so I have school 5 days a week. Ill go to boxing mon/wed/fri and I have work tues/thurs/sat/sun. When Im not going to boxing Im doing pushups, pullups, ab stuff, squats, and running. I don't do weights because of a rotator cuff injury but I find that calistenics (sp?) are the perfect exercises for the bodytype I want...lean and tone.

16. i do full body weight lifting, 3 times a week. working out your muscles anymore than that will probably just break them down more and you won't get bigger. not to hate on anyones workout routine but i dont know how some of you guys lift weights everyday and see results. but if it works for you its all good.

i play soccer as much as i can, basketball too, and swimming is bomb blazed.

17. #77 Durchii, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    Emptied out two 18-Wheelers at work, totally packed to the brim, then took the contents and organized them all over my job site. With some help... but, then again, not much.

That's my work out for the day.

:p

18. As usual I woke up today after freshing up I go for the Morning Walk then do some Exercise and yoga ,to stay fit I really put pressure on Yoga And Pranayam ,I do such type of exercise which help in exercise of all the body Part from Head to Toe.

19. #79 Olesmoky, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
    Well okay last night I went to walmart and got bigger weights and seperate umm dumbells yes? So I put 130 on the bench and did that about 8 times than 9 times then 7 times. So okay my max is about 150 thats low, but for a guy who weighs 128 lbs thats decent considering I just started lifting weights and strength training myself.

oh and I got 5's for my dumbells or whatever and so I was curling those with the 35 lbs on each so thats 70 pretty decent for my size I guess. So yeah.. thats what I did today. Maybe some slight jogging and walking to get the guy a new piece for one person but not a onie so its a tiny bowl haha. Shits tight for 1-2 dudes. But yeah.

20. Don't worry, man, you'll get up there fairly quickly. Benching more than your body weight is definitely a great start. I have difficulty peaking 160, and I weigh around 150.

Give it some time.

:D

Secondly, I haven't been working out officially this past week since I started this new job. It's very strenuous work, but as of today (My only day off) I have noticed a significant improvement in my Upper Body strength, lessening of my lower back pain and a greater ability to regulate Cardio. I'll only be doing this for a few months before applying as an EMT, but by the end of it I should be in terrific shape.

Someone once told me, "Nothing like physical labor to make you want to finish school!"

:laughing: