How Did You Exercise Today?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Durchii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. havent been on these forums in ages but

chest and back 10 sets each

tomorrow hitting the bike a bit then tris bis shoulders

2. #7102 jimihendrix42, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    This mornings workout was outside, with a combination of running, and bodyweight exercises.

Also consider I'm 59. I cant keep training partners. Ive been working out for 40 years.

I live next to a nice park. Its 1.20 miles around.

I start at the corner, run 1/4 mile around the park, and then run into the grass to the playground.

I did.
    10 Pullups on the handbars hands facing away, while still holding on, I did 10 Straight Leg Hanging Leg Raises. Toes touch the Bar youre gripping. Stop at the top, lower Very Slowly. No Cheating.

Let go ran over to the Monkey Bars, and did 12 Dips.

Ran over to the swings. Sat on the ground where 1 of the supporting angled metal poles goes up 15 feet to the top. I climb with hands only grabbing on the pole as LOW as possible, feet straight out. Like rope climbing. Go up, come down slowly, go up gain, Lower Slowly. Do that until you can hold on anymore.

Ran over the Indian Mounds. Ran another 1/4 mile through the grass.

Next is Handstand pushups against a tree. 10 reps. Run another 100 yards, and do 10 Close Hand Pushups. 10 reps.

Run 100 yards to the Par Course. 10 Hanging leg raises on the Rings x no rest 5 skin the cat. No Rest 6 pullups, no rest 10 Dips

Run another 1/2 mile back to the start of the course.
    Total of 4.8 mile run.
    I did this 4 times yesterday in 43 minutes and change.

I look for pain as fast as possible, and try to see how long I can last, until it either becomes unbearable, or I simply just go to failure.
    I only do failure training during certain Cycles/Periods of my yearly training cycle. Everything is planned out in advance, based on my previous performance. I go in 10 week Cycles/Periodization.

I maintained a 175 bpm heart rate for the 43 minutes. I also do a lot of stretching. 45 minutes a day at least. oetimes a whole 2 hours workout of nothing but stretching. I love stretching.

I recommend

Gus Hoefling's Championship Conditioning Programs - DVD Conditioning Programs, Championship Conditioning Program, Flexibility Exercises

Gus Hoefling"s

Championship Conditioning Program
    DVD

*Still The Standard Of Excellence*

This program is specifically designed to increase the athlete's total body strength and flexibility. It will also serve to strengthen the cardiovascular system. The DVD should be used as a daily workout.

The program begins with a five minute introduction by Hall of Fame member Mike Schmidt. It then flows into a forty minute workout demonstrated by one of Gus's students. Not only does Gus coach the athlete while the workout is in progress he also provides a voice over narrative in order to help you further understand the exercises. After this portion of the DVD a series of supplementary exercise are introduced which may be inserted into the main program as the athlete improves. The DVD concludes with comments from some of Gus's more notable students.

This DVD is the original version that has remained unchanged since its inception in 1983. There is no tight workout wear music or additions. It is the original program and simply involves very hard work using ancient methods that have withstood the test of time
    What The Pro's Say...

"I sincerely believe that anyone can make great strength and flexibility gains in this program. I have tried other methods and by far this has worked this best for me".

Steve Carlton

Baseball Hall Of Fame

Four Time Cy Young Award Winner

"Commitment to this program is something that requires hard work and dedication. Use of this program will have a positive effect on both the athlete and non athlete's life style".

Bob Boone

Two Time Golden Glove Award

Four Time All Star *Manager Of The Year

"Gus Hoefling's program of strength and flexibility permitted me to extend my career and exceed my expectations. His dedication is in large part the reason the Phillies were World Champions".

Tim McCarver

Baseball's Premier TV Analyst

Baseball Hall Of Fame

" I have considered the time spent with Gus Hoefling and his program most gratifying. The strength gains I have made have been tremendous. This program is hard but it produces champions".

Mike Schmidt

Baseball Hall Of Fame

National League MVP

10 Time Golden Glove Winner

3. Been feeling super out of whack and busy this week. Haven’t practiced in over a week and starting to feel my body tense up.

Practiced yoga this morning and felt so much better. My goal for this year is to advance my practice and master the primary series by the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. :dance2:Horizontal pulls

5. 200 Front kicks
    200 Side kicks
    100 Hook kicks
    200 Round kicks
    15 minutes of chamber holds
    Half an hour of jump rope
    Half an hour of pop locking to Lyndard Skynard

6. #7106 jimihendrix42, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Today Off.

Yesterday

Went to the YMCA 2x. 1st time at 6am until 8:30am.

They have an Olympic Pool. They also have a rubberized floor in the deep end and am able to lift weights underwater. I also use often, but not always a Weighted Belt to keep me on the bottom.

I did Clean, and Press, Front Squats, Still Leg Deadlifts, Deadlifts. Abs. Workout lasted 1 hour. Mainly speed type training. Lighter weight, moved fast. 5 Sets of 3 Reps each Exercise. Abs incl

Then I swam 1 hour nonstop. I go by time, not distance. I also do different strokes. But don't stop. Then I tread water 15 minutes.

After that I do 5 reps of holding my breath for 1 minute each time in the deep end, no weight belt.

Went back at 6PM, and did Stair Master for 1 Hour. No Holding On.

At 59, my resting heart rate is 39 BPM when I get up in the morning. Walking around its around 52.

I also measure my heart rate every morning during intense training.

I get a weekly average, and if it goes 4, or more beats per minutes past the weekly average, 4 days in a row, I back the training off a bit.

I also usually stretch 5 hours a week.

7. I walk for almost 2 hours daily. Extreme exercise makes me dizzy I even fainted a couple of times. However I feel like my legs are getting toned but my upper body isn't. Anyone experience dizziness while working out?

8. Only the usual 30 miles on a bike. Got like 10 still ahead of me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Today was bulgarian split squat day, so i just do a bunch of reps and add weight until i can only do 1 rep with the weight. then i did single leg jumps. trying to correct a imbalance of my left leg being weaker.

10. You need to stay more hydrated not enough water. An your in the hot sun without a hat doesnt help

11. I have a bad back so if I work out to hard the pain turns to nausea and I get wobbly. But never passed out I’m not trying to push myself that hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I borrowed my brother's stationary bike.

13. I picked garden weeds and threw grass seedyesterday

• Like Like x 1
  14. I dont remember.

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

Grasscity Deals Near You