How Did You Exercise Today?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Durchii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. my school has nearly everything we could ever need.

besides a squatting rack.......

we have one of those automatic benchpresses. where you just need to push up. its guided so you dont need to keep it balanced. were told to use them for squats.

nearly everyday i try to go for atleast 5k run.

and during school i have a fitness class. yesterday we were doing legs.

1.35 gauntlet 20reps
    2.40 gauntlet 20 reps
    3.50 calve raises 30 reps
    4.35 gauntlet 20 reps
    5.35 gauntlet 20 reps.
    6. some weird machine where you lay stomach down and keep bending your legs back. 20 reps 50 pounds.
    7.regular squats :D:D:D with the real bar!!!!!. except.... 20 pounds not counting the bar.. and 15 reps.... wtf?
    8.35 gauntlet 20 reps
    9.45 gauntlet 20 reps
    10.55 calve raises 35 reps.

and we do the circuit twice.

p.s. after the regular workout we do 15 minutes of "abbage" or "ab time"

yesterday during those CRAZY ASS 15 minutes i guess i didnt control my breathing properly and i got a headrush O.O.. but not one of those.. yahhh... headrushhhh. one of those

"wtf man wtf man i think im gonna pass out"

i was DEAD. and i dont know why the weight go all over the place (note not exact weights. as i cant remember 10 different weights at each station)

my legs feel so shredded right now. cant wait to have some manly calves ;) well. looks like its time to do that class now. i wonder what insanely hard workouts hell make us do today.

2. I just joined the gym for the first time the weekend before last. I have never even played a sport in all of my soon to be 25 years on earth. I am not fat, by any means, I just have some cushion on me, that I want to go away.

I felt extremely intimidated going to sign up, (I had been asking my boyfriend to join with me so I would not feel as out of place for months) I went by myself and had anxiety to the max! Now I do not know why though! It is so easy to go there.

I have just been doing the treadmill and the elliptical for now (because that is all I know how to do). But I have a personal trainer tonight who is going to teach me all the machines and how to use weights. I am very excited, a little nervous, but mostly excited. I hope it all goes well and I do not drop a weight on her head! haha.

I do not have a number as a goal. I do not care what the scale says or what size jeans I have to buy, I just want to be healthy. I want a whole lifestyle change.

Wish me luck, I hope I stay at it for real.

3. Today for exercise I created a blunt, ran to the side of my house, then tripped the fuck out because some creeper girl was staring me down. She had like scraggly hair and a green hood and cloak. She kept staring at me with this round white face through the pine tree. Then me and my buddy were hittin that blunt and joking. So she starts walking down the path just down from my home. She starts to run so we run into my garage. We watch for her but don't see her. Because the path L's then runs paralell to my house. So we could see her walking down the path or running some more. We look for a good 2-3 minutes and my buddy taps me. "Dude what if she turned around" at this point we had realized we had a white van in front of us and couldn't see much. So then we determine shes crazy but then we spot her sprinting up the path with a sort of animalistic rage limp like she was a chimp woman, but that could have been my interpritation of her real actions.

Anyways I' scared as shit. Oh and my check at best buy today didn't clear because my checks apparently have some shitty ass $1000 limit. So yeah. So I have to go up there with mommy tonight, have her pay, then pay her directly. At least I should have my new comp up and running by say monday-wednesday in that time frame.

EDIT: holy shit I'm sorry I wrote a book I got lost in the writing ;)

4. Good luck, creative!

It's true, though; the hardest thing is not starting a workout routine, it's sticking with it. I think that after a while of going to the gym, you will notice some pretty drastic changes, not just to your body, but to your general well-being also. After that happens, it's hard for people to go back to an unhealthy lifestyle.

Haha! That's both terrifying and really cool at the same time. It reminds me of an H.P. Lovecraft Horror Story.

:p

By the way, what computer are you getting? I bought an Asus G1 from Best Buy nearly three years ago and it's still going strong.

--

As far as working out today, I'm taking a break to give my muscles a chance to relax. I'm leaving on a business trip to Long Beach until Saturday and I have to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow morning, so the last thing I need is to feel like a brick. I'm just doing laundry and packing, for the most part.

I might do some light Cardio on the Treadmill later on, but that's it. I wish I could take my bike out, but it's fucking cold out there today! California is looking better and better by the minute.

:D

5. I've had a dell for 8 years with no issues so I went with dell. Dell Studio something with an upgraded PSU because the stock one was too low for my shit.

6. Today was a rest day. I did forearms and grip strength with a little light cardio (3 mile jog).

7. The reason I didn't take my bike out today. Please excuse the shitty quality of the videos, as I used my 5 year old Canon Powershot to record them and I was halfway through dinner. Kind of in a rush.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxxaAVlwr0Y"]YouTube - Blizzard-April 1st, 2009[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKPS0FurBWs"]YouTube - Blizzard 2 - April 1st, 2009[/ame]

8. We had some flurries here, but nothing like that!

It warmed up later in the day though, so I went for a 2 mile run after work.

9. i've got a quick question for everyone here -- pro's and con's of toking before I take my bike out for a legitimate ride? I started riding a few days ago when the weather got nice & it was a thought my friend and I had while we were on the road :) i'd appreciate anyones input!!

10. Hour and a half of boxing and ran 2 miles. I try to fit in workouts daily despite smoking my face off

:p:)

11. As long as we're not talking about Motorcycles here, then absolutely feel free to smoke before getting on a bike! I've done it before and it definitely won't be the last time. Unless you are biking for very, very serious Cardio purposes (constantly riding uphill would be a good example of this) then there's no problem with it at all.

Make sure you bring a bottle of water with you, as cotton mouth and dehydration are certainly a possibility, but it's a great experience. Totally sets the mood for any ride.

12. I lifted weights for about an hour and a half. I need to find a new gym because I need heavier weights!

13. I'm not sure what to tell you, Amigo.

My gym has enough weights to keep two or three full-on body builders satisified for life and it's the cheapest place in town. If you're paying for a gym membership, regardless of the cost, you should never find yourself wishing for more weights.

14. Handstand pushups, hindu pushups, pull ups, slider pushups...

a lazy day for me today..no legs or core.. Tommorrow I plan on kicking mine own ass.

15. I met with my personal trainer for the first time yesterday. SHE WAS SO NICE!!!

She put me on a schedule of every other day going to the gym. 30 min cardio / upper body then the next day 30 min cardio / lower body & abs with 2 sets of 12 each time I use the weights.

Does this sound good? I am going back tonight to do my first night of 30 min cardio / lower body and she is going to teach me how to use all the machines.

I just do not want to go there and feel like it is a wasted effort. I think that maybe I need more than 30 min of cardio and 2 sets. I guess I will find out tonight.

I hope it all works out well!

16. 2 sets of 12 does seem low. but i can understand that she probably wants to check out your cardio, and make sure your not going to kill yourself with the weights before she really gets you going.

17. Its not a very good gym, its so cheap that I dont even pay a membership I just pay the walk in fee. It was good for starting out but now that Ive gotten more into it I definitely see myself getting a membership with a proper gym.

18. I got exercise by running from the psycho cloaked girl today. She tripped us the fuck out.

19. I did about 90 pushups (not in a row) 50 sit ups, went on the elliptical machine for 10 minutes, jogged for maybe a half mile and did some weak ass curls.

I look like I'm in good shape but my body has been stagnant for about 4 years so I'm slowly easing myself back into exercise.

Hopefully by the end of the month I'll be on track for success!!

I need to join a gym though, unless I figure out some badass Rocky IV type shit to do outdoors.

20. I don't exercise.

BUT

I don't have a car, if I have to go somewhere I bike or walk, NYC baby, hoofin' it errday. :cool: