How did you come across the city?

Discussion in 'General' started by xericx, May 3, 2006.

1. Pretty sure I found it off a google search. I think back when i first started smoking I was looking for a place to be ab;e to ask questions and stuff so I came here.

2. A woman on Usenet named Amanita mentioned GC on alt.drugs.pot one day and I
    came on here and haven't been back to ADP since. Now I just use Usenet for
    binaries and do all my online talking on web forums.

3. i do not remember. it was probably me lookin at bongs and shit and came across this site and this is the only professional looking one and i probably clicked forum and now here i am a year and a half later not knowing how i got here

4. I remember way back before I started smokin and tokin, I wanted to research cannabis before I tried it. I think I typed in marijuana into google and this was one of the sites. I actually learned about marijuana on the shop page under "learn more about"

5. i was talking about overgrow with a friend of mine, an aquaintance walked up and said grasscity and walked away without saying anyrthing else. I typed it in that night and lurked for a couple months. Here i am.

6. I love posting on forums. %99 of my friends dont know what a forum is. So in a way we all have something in common. We smoke weed (at least i hope you do) and are post whores :hello:

oh yeah, im puffin on a fully stuffed Garcia Vega (for the win).

7. Haha same here.

I'll be smoking with my buddies and i'll mention something i heard/seen on the City and their like "what the fuck are you talking about? forum? sounds complicated."

8. Lol, hardly. Damn, forums are so userfriendly these days, I remember back in the archaic internet days where you had to basically clink links . . . those are still around, but alot less fun. Still, GC is based around a simple forum design that is quite widespread, usually amongst gaming forums. Basically, the more visuals, the more intelligent/entertaining posters, and the better the division between thread categories, the better the quality of the forum itself. Readability vs. the complications of design sometimes clash and destroy a posters' interest in the forum due to visually disorienting designs. GC has a very apealling, yet simple design in terms of color and does not detract from readability. Thusly, GC is technically one of the more successful forums in terms of design.

...I've used usually one forum more or less, during various periods in my lifetime since I was 12. I basically grew up with forums. I'm pretty sure a great deal of us on GC have, since the age ranges from 18 to 28 I think around here, though I can't really be sure.

Internet forums are so strange to me. I can't seem to stop wasting time on them, but somehow I also find them extremely entertaining, enlightening, and I also believe it increases my intelligence a bit. Mind you, not as much as real life, but still, a little.

Lol, I just need to stop being so lazy and get out and start doing a little bit more . . .

9. I typed in a search for 'weed t-shirts' and kept getting pissed off when GC kept coming up under different names. I was like WTF, this is the same damn site over and over, FUCK! Finally I decided to explore a bit and found this awesome forum, never looked back. GC is the shit!