How did people find out about smokeable cannabis?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by tcpuvgz, Jul 2, 2016.

1. If in nature females get pollinated by males then females never get to produce big smokeable buds. Then how did humans stumble on the idea of smoking something they didnt yet know could be smoked?

2. Buds still get produced dude not to mention cannabis looks and smells differently than other flowering plants.

God, can you imagine a field of marijuana? Mustve been amazing

• Like Like x 1
  3. probably some one used cannabis while making a campfire and got super stoned

• Like Like x 4
  4. To me, that seems like a good thought
    Maybe a tribe or something got so bored that they just started smoking and eating things just to see if it killed them, or fucked them up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Probably cavemen threw it on the fire to keep the bugs away,
    and everybody got stoned that night.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cannabis produces enough seeds that it is a good source of food. The resiny bud material around the seeds would have been a waste product. Since it is well known that resiny plant material easily catches fire, it would likely have been used as a "fire-starter". (Little is wasted in primitive societies) Add being in a small area (tent, small cave, etc) and all of a sudden, you are "hot boxing".

As for pipes, I think it came about like this- the standard way to start a fire was with sparks generated with flint or iron pyrite (note the pyr- that means fire!) to set tinder on fire and then you blow on it. Eventually, some bright gal or guy, realized that pulling air down through the smoking tinder would be more efficient than blowing across it. Then it was a just matter of creating the pipe or chillum, likely of clay and/or bone, as a tool for starting fires more easily.

Using a pipe would give a better high than just "hotboxing" in a tent or cave.

Granny

• Like Like x 6
  8. Granny, you never cease to amaze

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1