How did my ph become alkaline/basic?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by The Ganjaneer, Apr 27, 2016.

1. I've been growing for 2 months now and last time I checked the ph of my fox farm ocean forest and fox farm happy from right after potting, it was about 6 which is ideal for cannabis for those of you who don't know. I noticed my plants lower leaves begin to yellow (nitrogen deficiency) and their stems began to turn a reddish color (phosphorous deficiency) in the middle of a spawn of heavy rain we had over course of the course of a couple of weeks and that drained the hell out of them. I can understand how that can cause deficiencies, but is there any connection between the ph and the raining? Ph in itself can cause deficiencies by preventing the uptake of certain nutrients so I'm not sure if the rain drained the nutrients out, or if the rain changed the ph, which prevented the uptake of those nutrients indirectly.

2. I forgot to add that When I tested the ph the second time it was 8 (which is too basic for cannabis)