How dark should the leaves be?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ce gars, Feb 13, 2017.

1. This is my second grow and I've decided to give the hempy bucket a try. My past grow was a trainwreck due to the fact that my soil was horrible and I ended up with a lot of deficiencies and general clawing on flowering, so I'm mostly used to either obviously deficient lime green leaves or dark ones that I'm not sure whether it was due to nitrogen overdose or not.

Given the hard time I'm having to find good soil where I live, I decided to try a hempy bucket since you don't have to worry about soil. I'm on 100% perlite.

As the plant sprouted, its leaves were the same shade of like green I saw on my old plants (it's a bag seed, so i'm assuming that's genetic), and once I started giving her nutes, she started growing really fast and her leaves are now a healthier shade of green, but I'm not sure if it's too dark because it almost looks like she has some overdose making the leaves dark green.

- Do her leaves look healthy?
    - On the second picture, you can see on the bottom leaf that the veins are a lighter shade of green than the leaf itself. Should I worry about that?
    - Should I worry about the algae growing on the top layer of the bucket?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Your plant was lime green - yellow
    Second color is okay

• Like Like x 1
  3. I see some people cover the perlite with an inch or so of sand, probably to combat that surface algae I'm assuming because I haven't ever seen a setup with just straight exposed perlite unless it's mixed with another medium. Also I had a problem similar to this when growing with plain soil, turns out I was watering too much for a room that wasn't getting warm enough to dry out the soil at all and I ended up getting fungus gnats because of it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk