How common are varregated leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bobhen, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Two of my plants are showing strong variegation in their leaves and I was wondering how common this was.

2. variegation in its natural state is caused by plants growing in poor light

but with weed is approching nute burn or to much fertilizer

pics will get the answer you seek
    perhaps miss some feeds?

good luck

3. DSC_4067Variation in leaf color arises because of a lack of the green pigment chlorophyll in some of the plant cells. It isn’t an adaptation to the environment, but instead it is usually the result of a cell mutation, and can be inherited (genetic) or occur randomly (chimeric). If genetic, the color change is stable, which means that if you propagate a green shoot from a plant with colored leaves or sow its seed, the coloring will reappear in the new plant. This applies both to green leaves with irregular markings (variegation), say in white and yellow, and to those of a single solid color such as gold or purple.
    I would post a picture but am having problems doing so.I was able to post to my album though.

4. They pop up now and then, just like they do in many other types of plants. There is a strain called "Vanilluna" that frequently has variegated leaves. Although they look cool, the variegated plants do tend to produce a slightly lower amount of buds because the white areas produce no food for the plant.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1