How come some people can't cook?

Discussion in 'General' started by married2mj, Nov 2, 2011.

1. to me it's the easiest thing on earth. just follow the fucking directions lol. it's not hard to put something under heat, mix it, flip it, watch it or w/e the fuck u have to do to cook something. i can understand being too lazy to want to do it but people who like ruin everything they try and cook just make me smh

discuss

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't consider making boxed food cooking.

3. Calling for pizza is easier ;)

Come at me health nuts, come at me!

4. i can cook anything if i have directions to do it i only bought that shit cuz im lazy and the picture on the box looked good. btw a lot of food comes in boxes :rolleyes:

5. I took 4 levels of culinary in high school.. It's not about following directions, it's about using the directions as broad guidelines.

I make my cakes with coca cola and sprite and shit they are freakin awesome.

I wish I could have used my talents for something other than construction big macs. damn now im sad

6. That sounds like a death trap. I would rather jump into a tar pit.

7. ur mom burn ur brownies?

8. Can I use this in a song?

9. Well many people would argue that simply reading the directions and doing that is not knowing how to cook.

10. i can make a mean bowl of cereal.

11. You are more than welcome to

12. It's pretty good actually.

13. Thank you, I just graduated from culinary school and theres way more things to it that just reading directions. How to properly braise something, pan roast, etc. I take offence to saying its the easiest thing in the world.

14. I took two culinary classes in high school and taught myself to cook when I was 9 years old...been cooking for myself everyday for 12 years. I definitely don't follow directions either but there's no excuse for "fucking something up" while cooking. If you're not an experienced cook...and you follow the directions...your shit shouldn't turn out uneatable like some people say they do...nuff said.

There's a fine line between a great chef and a person who can "cook" but there's no excuse to completely ruin food.

15. what happens when you don't have directions printed on the box for you?

:confused:

that's what separates a cook from a cooker.

16. Google it...

17. Ok? Still not cooking. But for me I rarely eat boxed food, making fresh food while chiefin is the way to go.:smoke:

18. obviously....

its one thing to follow directions, whether they be from online or on a box. it's another thing to just throw a bunch of shit together, knowing how to prep and cook it.

not saying either is worse or better.

19. So if you make pasta you're not actually cooking?

Makes a lot of sense.

20. Okay? That wasn't the point of this thread though. Me personally I can make anything, any place, any way and don't need directions on anything that I personally make for myself since I've been doing it for so long. However, if I'm making some very advanced recipe that I've never even thought about making before obviously I'm gonna need directions or guidance onto how to make it. And then I may edit some of the directions as deemed necessary but that's not the point. Regardless, I'm not gonna be fucking that shit up. My point is, people who will be like "No I can't cook that because I have no cooking skills whatsoever. I ruin everything I try and cook." I don't understand those people at all. It's not hard to prepare a meal, if that's better wording for everybody....