How come my platns are soooo small?

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by Mr.X, Feb 14, 2003.

1. K... well i planted these seeds October 16th , and they started out good ... only three of them ... all three turned out good ... after overferting, over watering , bug infestations ect... at three months of vegging they were finally a foot tall ... now going on 4 weeks of flowering ... they are only about 1' 1/2 even smaller ... all three are females...and the buds do not seem to be getting bigger very fast ... even thought there are masses of resin build-up ... looks like they are sugar coted ... but small ...

now .. compared to plants that have been vegging for two months and flowering for a month ... those are covered in buds and fairly tall ....

why is this ??? are my plants stressed from all the begginer troubles??? could it be the fact im using flouro's ??? even thought i have over 250 Watts of them(50 % CW and 50% Grow bubls)... i was using a 20-20-20 fert for veggin... and now 10-52-10 ... i use about 1/2 the recommended dose ... even less sometimes ... i have a fan on when the lights are on .... and the room temp doesnt go over 85 and no less than 75 ... im not sure about humidity .... and i know im not over watering since i bought myself a meter ...

can anyone help ??? will my yeild be skimpy??? i am even questioning if i will get an Oz per plant ...

2. yes they are on a 12/12 cycle ... and im pretty sure it is light tight ... most of the time u cant see your hand at arms leght outside the box ... and at night i cover it with a sheet ... sometimes when people go into that room they turn the light on ... but that wouldnt be for more than 15 minutes at a time ... and only about once or twice every other few nights ...

i try to keep my lights within an inch or two ... i have all three plants almost surrounded by lights... and they buds that the plants have produced so far are very nice looking ... im sure it will be great weed ... just i wont have nearly as much of it as i thought i would ...

3. you just answered your own question those lights can not be turned on for any reason when your in your off cycle if you need to get at your plants when the lights are off your suposed to use a green or red light also what is the size of the pots that u are using they should be 5 gal but you can get away with 3 gal if space is an issue

4. Stunted plants are a sure sign of light deficiency. How much light did you have on them to start with? And 250 watts of fluoros isn't a lot of light for 3 plants to share.

5. no no no ... i ddint turn the lights in the room on ... i turn the lights outside of the grow room on ... but the room is pretty light tight ... i made it from ply-wood ... and i covered all the seams with a off thick faomy tape... then duck tape over that ... then i cover the door with about 5 sheets ... just in case ...

they are in 5 gallon pots ... im pretty sure anyways.. the pots are quite big ...

and i thought 60W of fluro per plant was the minimum .. and 80W per plant was good ... but i have more than that ... are u sure 250W isnt enough ... the buds seem to be covered with crystals .. but there just isnt enough of them ... of well .. looks like i'll i'll get about an Oz - Oz1/2 of really good weed total ...

6. any smoke is better than no smoke at all....but you will really benefit from having a HPS.....you can have the lumens right but it also helps to have it in the right spectrum.......Peace out....Sid

7. yea at least you get some bud. oh yea dude shorter plants spend more time developing buds if your doing it right you should get some pretty potent stuff

8. okay so its not so bad .... i should get about an Oz - Oz and a half from all three of some pretty good nuggets ... they look like they are sugar coted ....

9. yeah something you could try is getting a big box and putting it over top of them at night or use a gingerale bottle or green bottle to put over your light if you need to turn it on it might have been shocked too form all the stress you say it got

Grasscity Deals Near You