How come Ive never had a hangover?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Michio Kaku, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Any ideas? I don't drink much at all. I've drank about 70 times in the past 4 years, got DRUNK about 50 times - 30 being tequila 15 rum and 5 beer.
    Neverrr had even the slightest of a headache or any other symptoms of a hangover.
    Am I just lucky? Is there a reason? 

2. I don't get hangovers either, my theory is that, seeing as how i drink a lot of water everyday, i keep my body adequately hydrated so i don't dehydrate enough to feel sick. Who knows

3. we're fuckin' freaks of nature, broseph.

4. A major part of the hangover is dehydration! Alcohol is such a nasty poison to your body, that it will "steal" water needed for normal bodily (and brain) functioning, to denature the alcohol into a somewhat less harmful substance, sugar.

THC, on the other hand, blends in with your own natural endocannabinoids, like anandamide and 2-AG, activating the same receptors and making you feel "good"!   :smoke:    No detoxification is needed! :yay:   (Low levels of anandamide have been shown to be linked with depression - I can dig up the study if you want, but it's one of those with lots of 6 syllable words. :hide: )

Granny

5. I wouldn't mind reading it granny! If you have it handy

6. #6 9xKitsun3, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    the reason is stated in your post.
    because you don't drink often.

+  proper reason is because your still a kid. (see that your 19)

your liver can process the alcohol very fast compared to people in their mid 20's

7. #7 Storm Crow, Jan 23, 2014
    Here you go hon!  Hydrolysis is the breaking down of (in this case) anandamide.
    \nAntidepressant-like Activity and Modulation of Brain Monoaminergic Transmission by Blockade of Anandamide Hydrolysis.      (full – 2005)  http://www.pnas.org/content/102/51/18620.long

And another similar one-

Antidepressant-like activity by blockade of anandamide hydrolysis   
    (full - 2005)
    http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=16352709

PM me your email  (Or email me - bottom of my sig) and I'll send you a free copy of my List. It's filled with all sorts of interesting cannabis-related stuff!

Granny

8. yea 9xkitsun3 is right you just started drinking I used to never get hangovers back in the day so dont ruin it by drinking a lot. but if you really want to experience a hangover then start mixing it a bit drink 3 beers and 4 shots or so hahaSent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I thought I was invincible to hqngovers too.
    Then woke up one day with an awful one and immediately knew what it was. Sucked so bad. You'll get one eventually. And when you do, you'll know it.

10. ^^ This. I used to say the same thing when I was 18-19. I'm only 20 now, but i've started getting vicious ones if i'm not careful these days.

I've talked to a few of my buddies who said they all lost this magical power around 20-21, so enjoy it while it lasts lol.

11. some people can power through that shit though.
    i know a couple old dudes who can stay up till midnight pounding a case.
    wake up at 5 am and go do manual labor for 8 hours.
    they have for years...

dont ask me how, im worthless after a night of drinking these days.
    best hangover cure in the world is a bong rip, unless you got a vape!
    :bongin:

12. #12 Michio Kaku, Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks alot Granny, that makes sense. Now that I think of it every time i drank I had something non alcoholic to drink too

13. I rarely ever do. I always chug a glass of water before I crash tho.....helps alot.

14. [quote name="9xKitsun3" post="19390948" timestamp="1390470241"]the reason is stated in your post.because you don't drink often.+ proper reason is because your still a kid. (see that your 19)your liver can process the alcohol very fast compared to people in their mid 20's[/quote]I'm not sure about that. when i was 16 i drank for my second time, and the next morning i was pretty well hungoverFrom Compton to Baltimore, tokin more and more

15. Don't question it, enjoy it! :)Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I guess I better drink up..
    If I die from alcohol poisoning i'll be a fuckin legend.

17. the volume of DRINK a man can consume, determines his physical strengh

18. I was the same way. I could drink all night and never have any regrets the next day. Then one morning, WHAMMY! Hell froze I overSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I seem to chug a bottle of water before sleeping.... 99% of the time, its works

20. I don't get em :)Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum