Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How come edibles rarely work for me :(

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chanceeabis, May 3, 2012.

1. I guess I can say my tolorance might have something to do with this, but I smoke and get a pretty good high but when I eat edibles, they rarely work. Im talking medical edibles like cheeba chews, karma candies, benjamin's, and really anything you can think of. All this ranging from 50-101 mg THC. So any insight or advice would be very well appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. go out and binge eat those edibles and tell me in a few hours that you feel normal. :smoke:

3. Something is very wrong with you. Eat a 175mg dose of the cheeba Chews if you have a normal tolerance. If you aren't found sitting on a bus stop 20 miles from your house drooling 8 hours after eating it, then you can for sure conclude that edibles don't work for you.

4. [quote name='"iVapeTooMuch"']go out and binge eat those edibles and tell me in a few hours that you feel normal. :smoke:[/quote]

Haha ill try once I get enough to do that!

5. [quote name='"GodGaveUsWeed"']Something is very wrong with you. Eat a 175mg dose of the cheeba Chews if you have a normal tolerance. If you aren't found sitting on a bus stop 20 miles from your house drooling 8 hours after eating it, then you can for sure conclude that edibles don't work for you.[/quote]

I have a high tolorance IMHO

6. LMFAO!! that reminds me of the time i ate 2 grams of brownies and 4 of us hotboxed 2 blunts. i had them convinced that i was sober lmfao!!!!!! its was so freaking hilarious! :hello:

OP eat 2-4 grams of brownies and tell me how ya feel =P.

7. [quote name='"awdcivic"']

lmfao!! That reminds me of the time i ate 2 grams of brownies and 4 of us hotboxed 2 blunts. I had them convinced that i was sober lmfao!!!!!! Its was so freaking hilarious! :hello:

Op eat 2-4 grams of brownies and tell me how ya feel =p.[/quote]

hahaha lmfao!

8. #8 CaliOGKush, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    before my first edible i thought i had a high tolerance, my first edible I ate a 180mg bar and i was fucked up

you should try 200+mg instead of 50-100 at a time

9. I dont have access to medical edibles, but my friend makes good edibles that fuck everyone else up (she even made lollipops once). People talk about how they get the spins and shit from edibles and I can't imagine feeling much of anything.

I have a (too) fast metabolism. Do you? I've heard if your metabolism is fucked up you may not feel edibles..but I can take mushrooms and feel em so idk

10. [quote name='"Ironic"']I dont have access to medical edibles, but my friend makes good edibles that fuck everyone else up (she even made lollipops once). People talk about how they get the spins and shit from edibles and I can't imagine feeling much of anything.

I have a (too) fast metabolism. Do you? I've heard if your metabolism is fucked up you may not feel edibles..but I can take mushrooms and feel em so idk[/quote]

I really do... haha.

11. Do u smoke when u eat edibles???

Cuz I only eat em when I'm clear headed,and I wait to smoke until after I know for sure that the edibles have kicked in

12. Idk man, edibles are a completely different high. They really do sneak up on you. I had some good cookies earlier, along with some good Blackberry Kush, the indica plus the body high was amazing. It's an odd feeling when you can feel yourself getting higher and higher by the minute while you're not even smoking. :smoke:

13. If you had a high metabolism seems like you would just feel the effects even sooner.

Like others have said, there's only one way to solve this: lots of ganja. Try skipping breakfast and lunch, and then eat like 200 mg worth. If that doesn't work, it looks like you're doomed to smoke your weed for the rest of eternity...

14. [quote name='"sk8njam"']Do u smoke when u eat edibles???

Cuz I only eat em when I'm clear headed,and I wait to smoke until after I know for sure that the edibles have kicked in[/quote]

Yeah, I usually don't smoke when in waiting for a edible to kick in.

15. [quote name='"QuiGonJinn"']If you had a high metabolism seems like you would just feel the effects even sooner.

Like others have said, there's only one way to solve this: lots of ganja. Try skipping breakfast and lunch, and then eat like 200 mg worth. If that doesn't work, it looks like you're doomed to smoke your weed for the rest of eternity...[/quote]

Haha noooo! And I think most are right on this one.

16. This is the best way I can explain it to you......edibles are compareable to cocaine, smoking to compareable to crack cocaine. If you cant feel edibles, you have a problem. re-evaluate your situation, habits, and lifestyle. Dont become a crackhead.

Granted, in no way is a crackhead equal to a THC smoker or dabber, but it is compareable. If you go 2+ days without smoking and are EXTREMELY agitated, you are addicted. If you blame your problems or mess ups on "not being medicated" your addicted. Come back to reality. feelings are normal, stoned 24/7 is not.

I know for a fact THC/CBD/CBN/ECT should be legitiamtely used as medicine and has many uses!!!!!!! but some current users should take a break.

17. This will do you absolutely no good in getting the most out of your edibles, the best time to eat an edible is after your first pass, or, 45 minutes to and hour after your first meal of the day. If you want to get into specifics ask BKS (BadKittySmiles) about it.

18. [quote name='"ediblemaster"']If you cant feel edibles, you have a problem. re-evaluate your situation, habits, and lifestyle. Dont become a crackhead[/quote]

???? Edibles are often inconsistent,fuck you for comparing someone with a high tolerance to a crackhead

19. [quote name='"ediblemaster"']this is the best way i can explain it to you......edibles are compareable to cocaine, smoking to compareable to crack cocaine. If you cant feel edibles, you have a problem. Re-evaluate your situation, habits, and lifestyle. Dont become a crackhead.

Granted, in no way is a crackhead equal to a thc smoker or dabber, but it is compareable. If you go 2+ days without smoking and are extremely agitated, you are addicted. If you blame your problems or mess ups on "not being medicated" your addicted. Come back to reality. Feelings are normal, stoned 24/7 is not.

I know for a fact thc/cbd/cbn/ect should be legitiamtely used as medicine and has many uses!!!!!!! But some current users should take a break.[/quote]

wtf...

20. They rarely work because there usualy around 1g to 2g's in edibles. If u wanna get high off an edible u gotta make it yourself or buy some hash bars.
    My recommendation if u make it your self, use ALOT of weed in one batch, like an oz of mids or less, and if u can afford some hash on top of that buy some hash and throw that in there, i love making edibles there soo fun to make if u make them right of course
    :3