how close to harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DannyDoodles, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Photo Album - Imgur

i switched them to 12/12 10/11/11 and they just haven't look like i've wanted them too so i'd thought i'd ask some more experienced growers.

2. You may want to either 1) get a magnifying class to get a look at the trichomes. If they are at least clear as glass then you can harvest whenever, but once they all start turning amber you will want to harvest right away, or 2) you can also look at the color of some of the fan leaves, as they start to yellow or darken then that will show you its about right time to harvest.

3. right now the trichomes are cloudy and there are some hairs that are turning amber-brown

4. 2 weeks or so

5. it depends on what type of smoke you're looking for. people who want more of a clear energetic high harvest the minute they see any amber. those that want more of a heavy couchlock stone let them amber up quite a bit. keep in mind the strain itself also has an effect on the type of buzz, but you can manipulate it a bit.