How close is she?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by hornchen, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hi everyone!
    First time playing with a micro grow and organics and then it ends up my test seed ( unknown genetics to save $ ) - - was an autoflower and a comically small midget...[​IMG]

Pictures are from 73 days from breaking soil, 125w 6400 then 2700 cfl, promix bx soil, perlite with amendments ( rock phosphate, earthworth castings, humic acid, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, agricultural limestone, mexican and jamaican bat guano and then 2 teas of a mix with blackstrap molasses and some of the above amendments )

Now that the details are there - I feel terrible that I am not trimming but I heard that autoflowers can hermie if you start trimming - truth or tall tale? She is showing some good purple tendencies ( 72 during day, 67 ish at night ) and don't want to ruin potential. Second question, are autoflowers ready at the same 30/70 white/amber or is it a different beast all together? Lastly the fun part - what do you all think dry final dry weight will be?

Onto pictures!

Attached Files:

2. Whoops - she is also in a 2 gal smartpot and an extra picture for size

Attached Files:

3. To me it doesn't look at all ready, I have defoliated autos at mid flower before and no problems although they were regulars I made f2s from seeds i bought. also they took a lot longer than they were supposed to but i did have cold problems so that might have slowed growth and delayed harvest.. I wouldn't cut it un till the trichs are milky and amber they not ready when they clear.. and I reckon you will get 836 grams atleast

4. TBH one of the most important tools you can have, imo, is a decent magnifying scope.

Anything from x30 magnification on up works wonders; I prefer my x60-x100 scope over the less powerful ones though.

Check out the trichrome heads, the resin glands on top of the stalks upon the surface of the calyxes. The resin glands are great indicators of the plant's maturity. For simple reference I just associate clear glands as immature, cloudy as mature and amber as decaying.

I prefer mine to be at least roughly 15% amber before I pick them, though sometimes I'll let them go longer.

5. :laughing:

I just almost peed my pants.

8.36 grams, is probably more realistic. :rolleyes: