how close can cfl's be to each other?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stroomz, Nov 16, 2008.

1. simple. How close can these lights be to one another? touching ok? few millimeters? inches? i need to know asap thanks.

2. id stay in the 2 inch range. the part that conects the bulb to the socket can get pretty hot. not to hot where u cant touch but hot!

3. Shit, like a cfl beside another one? as long as they aint touchin it dont matter

4. well if they touched it would be the very ends where they coil..not where it plugs and that does get hot i know..i should be ok i have everything so squeezed in this box that theres barely any room between the computer fans and lights and more lights..lol

and does anyone know how cold a plant can grow and survive in?

5. Going below 60 in the dark phase is no good.
    lights on around 72-82

6. sorry for spelling here..

hmm im goin to be growin in a cabinet i configured- its about 3 feet hight, 3 feet wide, and 14 inches deep...i completly cauked the inside cracks and walls so its light and air tight. i have computer fans on each side one pulling air in threw a curved pipe, and another pushing air out a curved pipe...lights will be about 10 cfls...My Problem is that this box will be in my attic above garage and the attic is not compleltly insulated and has air vents all around...so it might get very cold over this winter...

Do you think ill be ok? mite throw some blankets over the box to help keep in heat and i know to elevate pots to help warm roots...any other ideas?:confused:

7. how cold we talking?

I've grow in a attic before and even where the cfl's were temps were fine until the lights went out.

you can get a real cheap small heater from Wal-Mart for like $15.

8. 1 mm away seriously. 2 inches is way to far.

9. not to sure yet, i placed a gauge in there a few minutes ago so ill check it out on a cold day cause rite now its really warm for my area, but im thinkin it will deff be below 60 in there at night maybe even below 40, so id prob have the lights on at night...thanks for ur help

idk if i wanna throw more wattage threw this plug in the wall too so a heater is kinda out...if i have to ill hide it in the basement under a bunch of stuff and try to keep it super stealthy

10. Another possibility to keep your box warm is to line the walls with thin foam insulation (1/4") thick. It is bright white, comes in 4'x8' sheets and is a breeze to put up (staples or glue). I am using it in my box and my nighttime temps have never dropped below 70 degrees.

11. thats funny you suggested that..i found 1/2 inch insulation with shiny stuff like tin foil on one side so its perfect....my fans dont seem to be pushing as much air as i expected but that might be good to keep it warm. ill make a journal in a few days with lots of pics..stay tuned my setup is quite nice i think:D:D

12. better safe then sorry!