How close are you with your mother?h

Discussion in 'General' started by Gonzopoly*, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Me and my mom aren't close at all... never have been. Anyone else?

2. Not at all.

3. fuck that crazy, delusional, self absorbed, attention whore.

ok, i'm done now.

I do not speak to my mother. haven't for a long time now. if I never did again, I would probably be perfectly ok with that.

4. She is a piece of shit. Criticize that statement all you want, but know that my terminology is a gross understatement. I hate that woman. She's ruined everyone's life that she's met and I'm not going to give her credit for making me. Doesn't take anything special getting jizz shot inside you when you're 17.

Anyway, the sun is shining today. Bi-Polar weather I tell you ;-)

5. Not close at all. We get along, and can talk, and live together. But we're far from close.

My whole family is like that. We don't share "feelings" or "thoughts", we don't support or encourage eachother.

It's probably very unhealthy the more I think about it...

6. Used to be. Not so much now

7. More close to my mom than anybody else. Ever. I can tell her absolutely anything.. and she's tripped with me countless times which brings us even closer.

8. I assume you mean you guys are clumsy and fall a lot while with one another. :laughing:

9. extremely close to my mammy. strongest woman to ever walk the earth imho.

10. #11 Cojo, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016

11. I joke with mine that shes trying to turn me into Norman Bates at times.

12. #13 lazytoker, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    Are yalls mom a whore? Or what? In other words.. What makes you not very close to your mom??? I just can't imagine anybody being closer to me than my mom... unless maybe I had another kid that I actually raised (but that'll never happen!).

13. I talk to her maybe once a week/ every other week except to say hi and we live in the same house. Then again I've been told by multiple people that i'm not very good with relationships.... so it's probably me that's screwed up lol

14. #15 dropinbiking, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    My parents only intended to have one child, my older sister. 

So, naturally, I was raised differently. I was not brought up nearly as well as my sister was. Hard thing to forgive my parents for. My dad has been MUCH more open about the whole thing over the last few years, which is why I don't really hold out any feelings for him. My mom will still deny it, probably until the day she dies. 

Makes things awkward. 

that is.. I couldn't imagine. I was the first kid of 3. I was never spoiled or treated like a lot of kids these days. My parents beat the shit out of me if I messed up... But that's how it was. I love my parents... they were PERFECT. It's hard for me to imagine being in any other situation than that. I used to hate my dad though because he didn't let me do drugs while I lived with him... but he got over it after I supported myself.

16. My blood relatives and I have nothing in common besides the blood in our veins, which will never be enough to make reparations for what they've put me through.

Yeah, we're not close.

17. this^^^^

maybe spoke to her 2 or 3 times in 20 years... no more than hello.... just because she happened to show up someplace i was....

18. My mother is a lying, manipulative, backstabbing methamphetamine addict. She has abandoned all 3 of her children, been violent with two of them, gambled child support payments away, burned down every bridge in her life including her parents'. Much of this BEFORE the meth addiction. Lately, she's been getting so high that she drives down the wrong side of busy roads/highways, crashes and drives off since she had no insurance. She was also doing this in a vehicle that she convinced my grandparents to co-sign on and then when they finally had to pay to pull it out of the impound, pay off the car that she didn't make a single payment on. My grandfather's fault for co-signing, but she doesn't give a shit about anyone except herself and it's been that way her entire life.

This isn't even scratching the surface either. I'm not a violent person, but her existence needs to end. She's going to cause pain and death to innocent people and not think twice about it and she's caused a lot of pain to her children, myself included obviously. I do not love her and if I ever see her again, it's going to take everything in my power not to put her out of her misery and rid everyone who knows the drama that is that bitch.

Sorry. One topic in my life I really hate.

19. I'm quite close to my mother. She had me at a young age, and I'm the first born so we kind of grew up together in a sense. Being a single mother for so long it was just my sister, her, and I most of my childhood. She's made mistakes, and we've had our falling outs more than a time or two, but becoming an adult put things in perspective. Through cancer, through hard times, she's always been there, and she's the one person I know I can count on indefinitely.

Love my mama.