How close am I till harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MVP420, May 26, 2020.

1. hey, growers. I'm using a 300w light and growing on soil that I bought online. it's week 9 of flower. Can I harvest after a week? it's hard to look at the trichomes. I have a jewelers loupe but I have a hard time looking at it. I'll show you some photos. hope it helps

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      179.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      191.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      346.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      344.9 KB
      Views:
    • 10.5.jpg
      10.5.jpg
      File size:
      350.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      397 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      144.1 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      125.1 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      120.5 KB
      Views:
    • 44.jpg
      44.jpg
      File size:
      106.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. i can see lots of white heads on the trichomes when i blow the photo up big,,,,you can harvest now if you like a head high ,,or wait another week to get some amber to slow the head high down a bit ,,,,i'd take a small bud off the plant put it some where warm ,maybe above the light hood ,,,it'l dry fast it wont have the taste of the finished bud that slowly dried and cured ,but the high and the stone will not be affected ,it'l give you an idea of what the high and stone is like now ,,,if you like it go for harvest ,or leave and bit longer then try another little bud again ,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the tip bro. I think ill harvest it after a few days. Do you recommend flushing 1 or 2 times before harvesting?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would let it go another week and check again. For flush, I don’t flush, i think a lot of folks have stopped flushing before harvest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I found checking trichomes very difficult until I got a digital microscope for under $30 (Amazon, Jiuson 40 to 1000x magnification Endoscope) it works with a laptop or a smart phone (for Android, only up to Android 9 - not 10). It takes photos or video and very easy to study and blow up the photos.

• Like Like x 2
  6. i really dont flush as such now ,,,i just water for the last week and dont feed the plant's just as long as i have 20/25% run off ,, find theres no need to flush with gallons of water ,,a lot of growers here dont flush either..but its up to you if you want to ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. How do you keep it steady ??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I just started a "conversation", you are a participant, so I could include photos of the microscope and stand.

9. ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I have a carson microbrite. This is a picture of the bottom side of the microscope. What i do is snip a tiny piece of bud (not leaves) and put it on a small piece of white paper on a table or counter, then position the microscope with the lens directly over that bud. The lens is recessed in that clear plastic shoulder. The scope will sit flat on the table. It has a light you turn on with the button and the throw lever on the side provides zoom. You can also focus. It works perfectly. FF1EBC80-351B-486D-9CD9-554A262856F4.jpeg

11. Looks good bitshifter, what kind of magnification will your carson microbrite provide?