"How Cannabis Creates Killers"

Discussion in 'General' started by qwerty1234, Oct 4, 2006.

1. That was the headline in the english newspaper "The Daily Mail" today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=408357&in_page_id=1770

As tragic as this story is, can cannabis really be blamed for the murder? I know this kind of 'propaganda' is common nowadays, but it still makes me angy reading articles such as these. They are trying to portray smokers as 'dangerous schizophrenics'. They even mention in the article that the youths have been seen using crack cocaine and other drugs, maybe that had something to do with it?

I guess this was mainly just a rant.

2. argh their ignorance pisses me off so much. and they always use that fucking term "skunk", not having a clue its just a strain of weed/term for potent weed.. they make it sound like heroin

cunts

3. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I have been smoking for years and I dont think its ever made me want to become violent. If anything it has the opposite effect. It was in those peoples nature to be voilent the pot had nothing to do with it. Man I really hate this kind of misinformation about smoking pot.

4. The BBC news website, (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5408032.stm) which is usually rather reputable, also mentions nothing about marijuana in their article. The article I originally posted also states 'believed to have been smoking strong 'skunk' cannabis', believed? The whole smoking thing was probably made up.

5. I cant belive this bullshit i have just read,how can they blame some random murder the fault of cannabis ?

Just think of how many people a year die of alcohol or alcohole related deaths in the uk alone,a shit load more than cannabis related ones.

I bet if they done some kind of survey on all the deaths in a year and im pretty sure weed would be one of the last on the list.

This is realy bad news for any smoker.

Are peole realy that mentaly retarded in the head to realise its just a plant and not some b class drug.

Sorry im just pissed of at the moment.

6. <table style="width: 443px; height: 292px;" border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="35">TOBACCO</td> <td height="35">340,000 to 450,000</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35">ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) </td> <td height="35">150,000+</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35">ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) </td> <td height="35">180 to 1,000+</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35">CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) </td> <td height="35">1,000 to 10,000 </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35">"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol </td> <td height="35">14,000 to 27,000 </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35">ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs.</td> <td height="35">3,800 to 5,200 </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="35">MARIJUANA</td> <td height="35">0 </td></tr></tbody></table>

7. 'It has been a nightmare for the last two years.' Sounds like the problem had been going on for a very long time. I dontunderstand how u can possibly blame weed.

Lol read all the comments...What a bunch of morons.

8. How Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Create Killers

Today there was a stabbing at the corner of 4th and Main, the suspects are believed to have been eating grilled cheese sandwiches all day. Because They ate these alleged sandwiches and committed a murder, it is a reasonable deduction that grilled cheese sandwiches cause people to become violent maniacs.

Fucking imbeciles.

9. lol :D

10. I made my own comments on the site, it will be nice to see if my comment actually gets published.

11. I also made a comment regarding the article. No doubt they will refuse a certain amount of pro-pot comments in an attempt to increase the validity of their article. Why can't the media portray the news unbiasedly without including their own, rediculous views.