Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can you visually identify different types of green?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by grimreefa, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Just say I want to get some from someone and i go there, and they claim it's kush.

I'd like to know what to look for. I know orange hairs are typically a good thing, and that it shouldn't be brown.

I'd like to see some pictures that can show the differnce, so that can tell exactly what I'm looking at. thats all thanks.

2. Considering the thousands of different types of kush your wasting your time

3. You cannot tell strains by sight, unless your getting lucky

You'd be lucky to be able to tell if it was indica or sativa from sight.  Dont worry about names or strains when you are buying from a street dealer

I'm not so much concerned about different strains, just if its either kush, hydro, outdoors, or shit weed.

I also don't do street deals, I just don't want to be lied to about gettin kush an get some hydro/outdoor bull, seeing as those ain't as good, even though I'd probably smoke it if i was told it was those kinds.

Weed is like icecream to me, comes in thousands of flavors, but it all tastes good.

I know enough about it, but I'm still learnin everyday.

Well here, learn some more...

If you arne't buying in a dispensary, you are doing street deals.

"kush, hydro, outdoors, or shit weed." are not comparable terms. Hydro can be grown outdoors, or indoors. 

Kush describes weed that was grown in the hindu-kush mountain range. But now just about anyone who knowns jack shit about weed calls good weed kush.  Just like people call good weed chronic, when in reality chronic originated as weed+powder laced blunts.

Outdoors, hydro, hindu-kush grown weed, none of this means the weed will be good. Its just a style of growing or a place of growing.

6. You cant. Best you will be able to do visually is tell weather it was grown indoor or outdoor, maybe if its sativa or indica dominant. But even based on these factors, you cant be 100% sure on genetics unless you are asking the grower.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The only strain I can tell is cheese just cause it has a distinctive taste to it, any other weed your just guessing at, plus there are alot

8. Of strains of cheese.

9. There are over a thousand different strains available today. I can tell you which strain it is just by looking at the pic. I can tell you who grew it, where it was grown, Sprout date and harvest date. Cure times and methods. I can also tell you the THC content. Just by looking at the pic.

10. Well, I would assume that weed would act like a placebo (I don't know for me because my dealer grows it himself so he knows) but if you think some dirt weed is OG Kush, I would assume your mind would replicate the high of OG Kush because it thinks you're smoking OG... know what I mean?

11. yeah totally, i'm on your level here bud, i just know that in the past i have bought "hydro" and it took me 2-3 bowls to get high where with kush it is 1-2 max lol

It could be a totally mental thing like you say, where ur brain connects one thing with another regardless of what it actually is, i've experienced that before with differnt games 

12. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

http://i.imgur.com/UIhWeey.jpg

13. You do realize that hydro is a grow method and kush is a general name of literally a few dozen strains?

For instance, purple kush could be grown hydroponically or it could be grown in a deep water culture system. Or in soil.

I guess I am lucky being in Cali where we are educated about our dank. I could hand this guy some headband and it would blow his mind after 1 rip and this dude would call it kush. Lol. Insane.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

14. First you should read up on all these different terms you're using incorrectly.

15. I look at the weed and go "Hmmmmmm... different that nug is, kush it is not"

16. #18 grimreefa, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013

That's why I have been asking here!

Whenever i buy from friend he tells me "all i ever smoke is kush, and your smoking same shit i am"

So is he ripping, or just ignorant.

5 for 50$

This is pretty much the same stuff we have always smoked, rarely much different

17. I was just trying to sound like yoda haha.

Anyways if you are trying to look for visual indications of strains then your doing this wrong. I have seen Grandaddy purp that is totally green and some green crack that is purple. A single strain can take on all sorts of different appearances depending on how well it was grown, and conditional stuff like that. Just simple lighting differences can make a strain take on a totally different appearance.

The way I see it is, just smoke it and care not for the strain name. Unless your at a dispensary or in a med state then you can never, under almost any circumstances, be guaranteed that your dealer is selling you the actual strain that they are boasting. The only way I believe strain names is if I knew the grower and I watched them plant the seeds that were fresh from the mail with a label on it. Or... if it is from this one dude whose aunt grows in a medical state and comes to visit every now and then.

18. Is OP just like not reading the useful posts in this thread?