How can you tell?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by fatmike420, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Hey, how can you tell the difference between USA glass and China glass...?

And does chinese made bongs with perks work and differently than united states made bongs with perks?

2. weight, quality of glass. welds. if some parts are thinner then the other dont buy it. and chinese percs usually arent opened ended, slits are opened only about halfway (sometimes) and theres usually design flaws. USA glass can be bad too. if the glassblower doesn't know what hes doing. colored perculators (do not mistake me for worked, wigwag, millie sections) like the see-through green kind. if you want to know your getting good glass, buy brand name.

3. [quote name='"Dabbed"']weight, quality of glass. welds. if some parts are thinner then the other dont buy it. and chinese percs usually arent opened ended, slits are opened only about halfway (sometimes) and theres usually design flaws. USA glass can be bad too. if the glassblower doesn't know what hes doing. colored perculators (do not mistake me for worked, wigwag, millie sections) like the see-through green kind. if you want to know your getting good glass, buy brand name.[/quote]

So, is a black leaf bong, frost, or weed star any good?

4. weedstar is made in sweatshops (sorry superjoint) black leaf and frost are also both chinese glass but people say they work. and if you are going to buy one make sure you hold on to it for dear life because one tip and its gone.

5. [quote name='"Dabbed"']weedstar is made in sweatshops (sorry superjoint) black leaf and frost are also both chinese glass but people say they work. and if you are going to buy one make sure you hold on to it for dear life because one tip and its gone.[/quote]

Could you suggest a good brand that has an ice pinch and a perk for a price under $150? I would prefer American glass but I dont have the money to put down.

6. Hit up Dan from Apixdesigns, he has resonably priced tubes (stemless and american) he's new but he knows what he's doing.

soul shine glass is another

glasswork orange

7. Its really the price. Most cheap bongs come from china, and the expensive ones are usually kind of unikat and made with good thick glass. Also if youre buying a 200 - 600 dollar worth of bong consider that theres only 10 bongs made that are the same. I myself bought a 400 euro bong and it never shattered. And i dropped it about 50x times ATLEAST.

8. Isn't this your second thread about looking for a bong? You were given a ton of options in the other thread.

Anyway, ssfg has good options, the glasscity bubblicious is in that range, and so is apix. Among others. Just look around.