how can you tell if it's a female or male?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by highergrowth, Mar 12, 2009.

1. I have heard that the only way to see if it's a female or male is to bud the plant. I was wondering if you can tell in Veg? And what are the indications?

2. plants can preflower in veg.

I know the pics of male and female are everywhere. just do a search...theyre probably even in one, or multiple stickies.

3. If you leave it in veg for long enough the preflowers will develop, personally I like to just wait til they're in the flowering stage, as most only take a few days to show their true colors. The difference is very easy to tell, females will produce small white hairs that grow in pairs from the bud sites all along the plant, initially you will need to look rather closely. For males, they appear at first that they could be female, but instead of hairs(pistils) they grow several balls(appropriate) that clump up at the bud sites. The difference is very distinct and if your not sure just wait another day. Good luck, but yeah like the guy said theres pics everywhere. erowid.org has a pic or too, but i'd say its better to just go and do it and learn through the process.

4. Google is a useful tool, so is the search button on the forum menu!

[​IMG]

5. You cant get any better discription than that jim . That is exactly what you will start seeing in 3-7 days after you switch to the flowering cycle.