How can you tell if a coach is 'good'?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Sunn, Jan 19, 2013.

1. So i've always wondered about this. People are always going crazy talking about head coaches and what's good or bad about them and who's the best one and so on. I don't get it. Maybe i'm missing something but i don't know the first thing about what any given head coach actually does while he's coaching. I mean, I don't attend the practices and listen to him in the locker room and all that stuff. He's just a guy on the sideline/bench during the game.

You could look at statistics like wins or whatever statistic you want but there are so many athletes, coaches, trainers, staff, on any professional sports team that it seems impossible to determine who caused the stats to be the way they are.

2. #2 ousooners182, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    The key to good coached teams are they never turn the ball over, low penalties, great fundamentals. You see tons of teams full of total athletes that are still good and win on talent, but still make so many mental errors. Well thats what I think of at least....Ive got to go vape a bowl now :D

3. #3 gotexans, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
    yeah this^ and also they help by knowg how to make plays that fit the teams style the best and provide motivation(think of a coach that stays on your ass do get your job done compared to another coach that expects you to motivate yourself; either one my fit the team better so it varys by the coach. anyways im stoned i just smoked a kief bowl so if this is hard to understand please forgive me lol they know when to cut and keep players too if there good

4. win/loss record

5. You have a good coach if they win championships.

6. you have to be a leader of men

coaching is a fine line. you def cant be a dumbass. well idk Barry Switzer was a dumbass and he was pretty successful lolll

you have to be able to get the most out of any given player and you also have to put the right players in the right situations to give them a chance to succeed.

7. College football coaches do a hell of alot of recruiting before and after football season.