How can you justify racism ?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Skunky Monkey, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. na u havent u might have endured some jokes/minor insults but when you know your inferior in ones mind no matter what you do, it sucks

2. I don't like racism, but I REALLY do not like when people pull the race card. Certain groups are not imprisoned more, dropping out of school more, etc.. because of how racist America is...

That's outrageous, especially considering how taboo being openly racist is in the 21st century.

3. #43 TexRx, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    Racism is justified by ignorance

I'm white and I have been the victim of racism, too. Not a horrible experience, but temporarily affected. The worst was being judged by my OWN race

:)

4. Pulling the race card is bullshit. Anyone that knows anything about American history knows that being Irish was as bad as being black at the turn of the century, yet you don't hear me bitching about the persecution my ancestors were subjected to.

5. The "race card" is just simply a means for a person/group of people to keep from having to take accountability for their actions.

Take, for instance, the statistic that shows that black youth are 6 times more likely to be incarcerated than white youth in California (I think that national average is 3 times more likely). If I had a nickel for every time a black person has raised their hand in one of my sociology classes to say "well that's because the white man is keeping us down/still racist" I'd be rich as hell.

No, it couldn't be the baseless violence, hate, greed and misogyny that mainstream rap preaches. It has to be the white man. It can't be the promotion of that type of lifestyle by networks like BET. It has to be the white man.

It's a vicious, disgusting cycle. Instead of coming together and working to change the minds and aspirations of the youth, people sit behind the "race card" and blame all of the problems endemic to black American culture on the white man. It's the propagation of ignorance.

6. now your just makin too much sense in the words of bill hicks "kill that guy, shut him up"

7. BET is owned by a white man. Record labels of mainstream rap artists are white men. Nice try though.

8. And your point is? My point still stands. Blacks like to blame the white man, yet are doing NOTHING to change the direction the black youth of today are taking.

The major rap stars singing about this stuff are black. They were writing these kinds of lyrics before being picked up by record labels owned by white men.

I hope you're not attempting the old "the white men own the record labels so they're the ones pushing this message out" BS.

9. :confused: no they don't.

10. Justifying racism is just as easy easy as justifying the difference in each human being. Some people act certain ways.. for example there are people who believe we should all be equal, and that everyone deserves respect. On the other hand, there are those who believe some people are inferior to themselves, and that due to their race they deserve to be treated like they are inferior. The use of names, actions, among other tactics to alienate and mistreat others is not right to me.. and I would never do such things, though to other people it may seem right.

11. And MSM tells the truth and their owners have no hand in what is released to the public. LOL

Whites brought us here against our will
    Whites made us work without compensation for hundreds of years against our will
    Whites hung us from trees and brutally murdered us for LOOKING at white women
    Whites sprayed us with fire hoses and sicked dogs on us
    Whites considered us 3/5 human
    Whites developed housing projects and welfare to keep us dependent on the govt
    Whites shoot unarmed black men in handcuffs
    Whites execute blacks on death row with no evidence of criminal activity
    Whites have not even APOLOGIZED, let alone give reparation for the crimes against our people
    Whites go to other countries and kill mass numbers of people, and make us out to be the bad guy because we do the same thing here.
    Whites control the media we watch, the curriculum we learn, and the stores where we shop
    If a black guy moves into the suburbs, the surrounding area's property value goes down

So while I agree that most blacks are doing a poor job at bettering themselves, it is not a level playing field at all.

And it's not blacks. It's blacks in America. Even whites in America are subject to the insane levels of ignorance. It's a culture problem.

12. It was the people in Africa that practiced slavery and sold "you" (since you're implying you fit in with every other black person by saying 'us', to the white man. Your own people are responsible for a lot of your problems.

13. You were able to counter 2/12 of the issues I posted. That's hardly a lot. Yeah it's our fault that we were put in a position financially where welfare was needed. Yeah it's our fault that govt subsidized housing projects to make the poor dependent on the system. Yeah the war on drugs which unfairly and disproportionately imprisons black males is our fault. Yeah it's our fault that a police officer can beat/kill a black man and get off with a slap on the wrist. It's all our fault. We need to fall in line and be the good slaves we were ordered to be, and everything will be ok.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3og0JaKAbZw"]Dead Prez - Wolves - YouTube[/ame]

14. or judging someone because they root for or play for a rival sports team? society gets off on racism to be honest..

the thing i find is hysterical is that its okay (politically acceptable) to make fun of people or insult people UNTIL your bring up the color of the skin. like, its okay to call someone stupid, or an idiot, or fat, or poor. but as soon as you drop the n-bomb or any other racial slur you've gone too far. really? why should a word describing a skin color be more offensive than calling someone an idiot?

at least society is attempting to put an end to retarded or gay slurs these days

15. Not a productive topic, Closed....~YODA,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.