How can you justify racism ?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Skunky Monkey, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it any different judging a person by their skin than it is to judge them from what country they were born to? I see a ton of hate aimed at people for living in the US for just living here.

Fear breeds hate, people (and other life) fear what is different. It's always going to be a part of life, whether you're for it or against it. I dislike people, no matter the color, equally. Mainly for their hypocrisy..

2. No there are more black prisoners because your American and live in america and in america there is allot of racism, the police literally just go on racial steario types in some area's i think you will find the majority are false accused or were sentenced to 14 years for 1 gram of marijuana in Texas...

Some black people who have migrated from Kenya who took part in those tests and didn't have an education because they were from poverty strucken areas maybe did worse than middle class white men.

there is no difference in brain chemistry it is scientifically incorrect to think people of other races don't have as much mental capacity, it's just the majority of those people are from countrys with lots of poverty therefore cant get a good education.

Remember, your presidents black..

3. Not gonna lie, I think racism is hilarious, and I make fun of it all the time, whether it be through trolling or just talking about it. Although being a white male, I guess I should be the last to make fun of it. But I just think it's funny how people get soooo upset because someone's a different skin color, or over shit that happened hundreds of years ago.

The best is when people think you're serious, it seems like racism/religion arguments bring maximum butthurt.

4. You can't justify racism in that sense of the word ever.

I think all races are equal but I also think that their all different and have their own strong and weak points.

5. Humans in general are shit, I hate everyone the same.

6. Your views of America are so fucked it's not even funny. You badmouth cops for using stereotypes (rightfully so) yet you stereotype America. You're right though; there is racism in the US. However that's not the reason we have such a high black prison population. The reason for that is because many of them get caught up in gang life and other forms of crime; which becomes a never ending cycle. Racism is an obstacle, but not something somebody can't overcome. If they can't overcome it, they're not trying hard enough.

7. I have thought about racism quite a bit. I define racism as a device we use to identify things that are different from us/our environment. What we do with that beyond identification is either negative or positive.

8. I can't say I do..

Human penis size - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. I suppose you could use crime statistics or something. I'm not trying to justify it though.

10. Meh. Im white. I dont mind when people are racist towards me. Why are other races such pussies about it???

11. I wanna preface this by saying I don't believe any race is inferior to any others, in fact, race for the most part doesn't really exist, but that's another argument.

Basically people are racist because of upbringing. If your parents, who you have absolute, unwaivering faith in tell you from the day you're born that a certain group is inferior to yours, lazy, wanting to take opportunities away from you, etc, you're gonna believe it. Same way people become religious, it's all their parents telling them from an age where they don't have the cognitive functioning to be able to form these types of opinions about the world by themselves certain things about each race. It's not right, it's just how it is.

But it is kind of baffling that in this day and age there are still people who genuinely believe that like for example blacks are genetically inferior in terms of intelligence to whites. There's been so much research that refutes any race difference and we've come to understand that any perceived differences are the result of socioeconomic inequalities. It's really a matter of ignorance. There are like 8 genes in human DNA that code for skin color, and something like 180 that determine height. So, genetically speaking, you're more related to a person of a different race that's a similar size to you than someone of the same race that's a foot shorter. When you learn something like that, I feel like you understand that the "races" are all basically the same, genetically speaking. It's our environment that changes everything, but people choose to ignore this or simply never learn it, and thus prejudice springs forth.

(Sorry for the essay but I was writing a paper for sociology earlier and all this is still fresh in my mind)

12. [quote name='"Stigma"']Meh. Im white. I dont mind when people are racist towards me. Why are other races such pussies about it???[/quote]

Exactly. It's everywhere. As was pointed out, negative feelings for people just because of the country they live in. People can hate people for their color, religion, clothes they wear, where they live, what they eat, placement of facial features, and I can go on n on.

It's a natural part of life. People who complain about hate are lying to themselves, they too hate someone for some reason.

Hypocrisy isn't just a human trait, but we do it the best..

13. Racism shouldn't be practiced either way. African American students shouldn't be over-privileged and allowed to take the same exam multiple times just because there isn't enough black graduates.

It's harder than anything to be a (not-fat) white man these days.

14. I judge people on there personality.

15. Easiest person to lie to is oneself.

16. Simple, mental conditioning. No one is born racist, however if you are taught racism early enough and for a large amount of time you can become quite racist.

17. No really, i do judge people on there personality i always have. How is that so hard to believe ??

18. You're so racist towards Americans so I don't even know why you're bitching.

19. No, politicions aren't a race ;) not the average american, i'm on your side when it comes to government corruption and stuff. I support the wall street stuff and fully agree with what you guys are doing. I have nothing wrong with Americans just your government, foreign policy and whoever supports it.

And i'm not bitching :confused:

20. Easiest person to li.. fuck it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.