How can people smoke for 5-15 years straight?

Discussion in 'General' started by PlatonicStrtgst, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Im at five years of everday and im 18. The high weakens over time to points where I chain smoke jays and only get a little buzzed..
    I dont regret pot..just other unmentionables

2. You're an ignorant troll if you actually believe that people are 'high all day'. I know people that smoke daily, but aren't 'high all day'

You sound like you really have no control over your usage
    and are projecting your inability to control onto other people

3. Im high all day wtf are you talking about HA

4. I agree 100% on everything you said.

Half the reason i'm having trouble giving up pot for good is cause of the instant fuckin gratification...

5. Masturbation is instant gratification.

Smoking pot is supplementary to life for most.

It sounds like you have no self control...

6. For real. I smoke daily but I'm generally only high for 2-3 waking hours

7. I smoked for five years but quit to focus more energy towards school.

I still rip a bowl here and there but not like I used to thank God.

My lungs feel exponentially better but still have a few months before I think of them to be good.

8. Honestly, shut up and smoke a blunt.
    If you don't wanna smoke you don't have to.
    People like doing shit that's bad for them,
    but they get enjoyment out of it.
    It's not that complicated.

9. I look at this way

I let people live the way they want. If they want to smoke constantly, then so be it. Who am I to say?
    Marijuana affects people different. Not only marijuana. but all different types of drugs,food,etc. That being said, some people are able to handle things more efficiently than others. Some people can do work with the computer on and be productive, while some cant without procrastinating.

That being said, marijuana is the same. Some people can work pretty well under the constant effect of pot. I know a lot of people are gonna bash on me for this, but look at Wiz Khalifa. Many will say that he just sucks, to each his own. But he obviously found a way to make music for people, have a fan base, and get paid at the end of the day. While most likely, being high a lot of the time.
    Now some people, can't do that.

For some people, pot isn't for them. I had a good friend try pot a couple times, and it made him depressed and think about his deceased mom. No biggie, it's his choice if he wants to use pot.

For me, as a person, I love marijuana, and I feel that it suites best for me if I use it occasionally. I like being high, but I don't think I can be productive with being high all the time. Or maybe I just haven't gotten use to doing work under the influence of MJ. Either way, some people aren't comfortable using pot, some are. Some can use it daily, for some its best to be used occasionally like a treat.

10. Because weed is a crutch for so many stoners, it's easy for it to become the one and only 'important' hobby..I've seen it happen with my friends and it's beginning to with me. All they want to do is smoke, when I'm down for anything, really. That's why I want to take a break - I want to clear my mind and get shit straight, apply myself to the real sober world and expand my knowledge.

11. Just cause you live your life one way while you're high, doesn't mean others live the same way.

12. #52 maxrule, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    I've smoked weed every single day for about 25 years now. It has not stopped me from learning or growing as human being. It has not prevented me from having love and respect for humanity.

It has not kept me in a state of drug induced ignorance. It may have even saved my life during some rough times.

I'm not a wealthy guy but I don't care about material things. I have been able to kick back stoned and figure out what the truth really is.

You see, the truth sits at the bottom of very deep hole and the people who wish to keep it covered continually shovel in more bull shit daily to make sure that it never sees the light of day.

Smoking weed never did stop me from digging it out of there.

Each to his own I always say....

:bongin:

13. [quote name='"RiskyBusiness"']

Was this post directed towards me?

Right on. Not to mention that weed is not the only topic here. I like the vastness of the forum. A lot of different people here that give you a lot of different insight on a lot of different subjects. Politics: you got hardcore left wingers, hardcore right wingers, and everybody in between who put up some pretty compelling information. Same can be said about S&P, hardcore atheists and hardcore believers of whatever religion. Same can be said about ANY of the sub forums.

I fucking hate when people say stuff like that. "ohhhh this is a weed forum why are you here if you don't even smoke" BECAUSE THIS COMMUNITY HAS A LOT MORE TO OFFER THAN MARIJUANA. That's why. Maybe you should travel outside of Smoking and Usage and the General forums and you would see that...[/quote]

That's not what I meant man. If you saw my next post you'd see I was more referring to people who stop smoking and start talking down to people on here who are long time smokers. It makes no sense. I love the variety of topics too and don't care if people here smoke or not, but if you don't smoke weed, great, just don't start talking about smokers like you're better than them.

So please relax and read all my posts before putting words in my mouth. Derp

14. No where did I put words in your mouth. And I did not see your post before, it must have been posted while I was responding to your first one and I just never caught it.

Also, you made it sound like if you didn't smoke weed, it's stupid to post here. But it's pretty hard not to infer that when you say "if you don't smoke weed then why participate in this forum lol?"

And no where did I say that I am better than smokers, and you would realize that if YOU read MY posts. I don't think that part of your comment was directed towards me, but I am saying that just in case it was.

No hard feelings though man :)

15. it seems like there is one of these posts every day now...

16. [quote name='"RiskyBusiness"']

No where did I put words in your mouth. And I did not see your post before, it must have been posted while I was responding to your first one and I just never caught it.

Also, you made it sound like if you didn't smoke weed, it's stupid to post here. But it's pretty hard not to infer that when you say "if you don't smoke weed then why participate in this forum lol?"

And no where did I say that I am better than smokers, and you would realize that if YOU read MY posts. I don't think that part of your comment was directed towards me, but I am saying that just in case it was.

No hard feelings though man :)[/quote]

You didn't say that, and I never said you did.. I said it wasn't cool to act like that, referring to others. I never said this site had nothing to offer besides weed talk, nor did I say you claimed To be better than anyone. And you ask how you're putting words in my mouth? :rolleyes: I was only saying that smokers shouldn't be talked down to on a forum dedicated to weed. I chose the wrong words when I said "why participate here" because I was annoyed with someone specifically, I wasn't telling everyone who didn't smoke to not participate here.

The only thing I was trying to convey was that non smokers shouldn't talk down to smokers here. There's nothing wrong with not smoking but don't force it on people in a forum like this, I shouldn't even have to say that lol. I was never referring to you specifically and didn't mean to alienate anyone who doesn't smoke, sorry if you took it that way.

17. Just smoke once you get all of your shit done and maybe a hit or two when you wake up.

In time, you'll associate smoking weed as a reward, and you'll just want to get your shit done first.

Works for me anyway.

18. Only read the first page but-

Sounds to me like someone's playing the blame game!!!!
    I know myself and I'm doin DAMN FINE for being a daily user. Stop pointing the finger and start taking charge of your life. If you need to not smoke, then cool- but don't call ME a defector. Speak for yourself B-)

19. i like that you put that much thought into it, especially how it has affected, and pertains to, your life

but that being said everybody is different... it doesnt affect everyone that way and there are people that utilize their time as well or better while consuming marijuana. im not going to get into detail about my life or what i do but its safe to say that it hasnt hinder where i am and what i do and frankly im more successful and more accomplished professionally than i ever thought imaginable for a kid from a small town in the middle of nowhere... mind you im older than most on here, but i did go through the same things roughly around the same ages.

i think its all about perspective and what you want to do and how hard you're willing to work to achieve it. i smoked daily all through high school and a couple years after that... took a break for a couple years and then started again and maintain daily use. its not that i got 'accomplished' while on the break, actually i've accomplished more since i started again and realized that its only aided me in achieving my goals. i regret the long break i took from it and how i let the stigma of it and the laws around it affect me... i know me better than any legislator and frankly im more educated when it comes to medicine than most legislators on a federal level (aside form MAYBE ron paul)

but like i said, we're all different and marijuana or not, life is what you make it...

dont just blaze joints, blaze trails.... happy livine :)

20. Was it weed that did this, or, were you subconsciously finding a way to quit sports. Is that possible?

Weed is weed is weed. It isn't anything but a plant. It doesn't "do" anything to you.