how can people not find jobs?

Discussion in 'General' started by darksmoker, Feb 11, 2012.

1. are you seriously just too lazy or too picky? not REALLY looking? i've never had a probem with it ever. when i first moved here a few years ago, i found a job within a week. worked there for 6 months, quit due to some bullshit, 2 weeks later had another job. worked there for 1 year, bout to quit because i just got a job with an HVAC company. and i dont even have a license, any training, or experience. but they hired me anyways and said theyll teach me. OJT.

and in the state before that i never had a problem either. had 3 separate jobs in jersey and i lived there for 2 years.

so my question is why is this so hard for some people? :confused:

2. Well their question to you would probably be "Why was it so easy for you to find a job?".

Everybody is different.

3. I don't know why it is either. I've never been without a job, sometimes, in the past I've had more than one at a time.

The job that I work now, I've literally hired more people than I can even keep up with, and 99% of them just stop showing up, or they never come in for the first shift, or they constantly have problems with transportation or they steal or come to work completely wasted or something. There are some seriously irresponsible people out there, and some that really don't have the means to drive back and forth across town each day. It's crazy man.

I'd be interested to hear from some people who seriously can't find any kind of job.

4. some people dont want to be seen in a small town working at a fastfood restraunt . like you said people are picky, usualy more in small towns its harder to find a job also. because of lack of money the town has

5. well the problem is, when your a kid fresh out of high school, and have never had a job, its hard to get one, because most places require some experience to work there, and all these other companies want to hire teens in high school(which don't need a job as much as someone who is trying to live on their own).Also everyone lives in different areas, where you might live, there might be a lot of jobs open, where i live, there are very few jobs to get, and when you try and go get it, some will have already beat you to it.

6. it's because lots of employers want you to be all ass-kissy or conform and change your ways in order to hire you.

employers base their complete impression of you in one interview that could last around an hour. Lots of people fuck shit up.

7. Its all about who you know, and how persistent you are. But some places are literally so fucked, its really hard man. Try living in Flint or Detroit for a year then say the same thing.

It boils down to how bad you really need the money. Because i know if i needed to, id go beg the McDonalds manager to hire me to scrub toilets for ANY money.

8. [quote name='"SuperSkunk64"']well the problem is, when your a kid fresh out of high school, and have never had a job, its hard to get one, because most places require some experience to work there, and all these other companies want to hire teens in high school(which don't need a job as much as someone who is trying to live on their own).Also everyone lives in different areas, where you might live, there might be a lot of jobs open, where i live, there are very few jobs to get, and when you try and go get it, some will have already beat you to it.[/quote]

Thats why you get some work experience while you're in high school

9. No pity for the unemployed, none.

I started homeless since age 18. Also have a felony record.

I earn decent $, if I can, any dipshit can.

Discipline, you have it or you don't.

10. I heard a story one time how some guy was never without a job during the great depression because he was willing to relocate where the jobs were. When people can't find a job its because they can't find a job in the location they want.

11. In my town, there's about 6 fast food restaurants that will hire people without prior job experience. And all of them have somewhere from 15 to 30 high school kids working there. Anywhere else requires prior work experience. So, since I have never had a job, and none of the fast food joints ever have any openings, I need to relocate. But without the money to live on my own, that's impossible. Shit sucks.

12. can't really do that if everyone else has beaten you to the job

pretty much where i live, you have to know the manager, or somebody that has a job their, to get a job their

13. Im used to marine construction, bulkhead, dock and deck building, Also home renovations....I mean i could get a job at some bullshit place like subway or w/e but It just wouldnt be the same, I guess im picky.

I like to want to shower supper bed after a good days work. Places around me atm cannot do this for me.

Picky yo. :cool:

14. Speaking as someone who's unemployed, it's not as easy as you make it seem. A lot depends on location. For instance, I live in central Illinois and basically the only jobs available here are trucking jobs. Haha and I don't have a CDL license, let alone the money to get the training for one.

Not that I'm making excuses though. I try my damnedest to find work and still am. Hopefully something changes in the near future. I hate not working. Makes me feel lazy. :C

15. I live in a small town, Down the street from me is the town plaza, has a stop and shop, lukes liquors, numerous general stores, hardware store, restaurants, all of this is mom and pop, of course. I went down to that plaza and tried applying for a job a while back. Out of the 12 or so places I visited, kindly asking for an application, I was Turned away from 11 of these places, their response being "I'm sorry, we are currently not hiring at the moment"

So yea, no I'm not lazy, YES I try very hard its just not very easy living in a small town where there is just literally zero work. Not all are as lucky as you in finding employment, and you shouldn't look down on someone for not being able to find a job, especially in these times.

16. thank you, this man's from massachusetts also, he knows what I'm talking about.

17. Well if you're gonna be picky then just forget about ever getting one. Not getting a job because you're afraid of ur image is pretty sad, who the fuck cares what they think you're making money they're not

18. If you are worried about that kinda shit, you have never struggled to make it.

Who gives a fuck what you do as long as you're making money, while their making fun of you.:cool:

19. maybe you just sell yourself well...like a prostitute i mean

20. Most places that are worth working at require you to have either previous experience/qualifications or an education and as such will not even consider meeting with you based on that. Its hard to pay for that education without a job, or the more expensive alternative, a loan in which you will spend most of your life paying back. The shitty places to work often say that you are overqualified to work there so you get no chance there. It is extremely hard, costly and competitive to open your own business (99-1?) so thats out. The jobs that are available pay shit all and will often jerk you around/cut hours etc to entice you to quit so they need not pay you and offer no room for advancement/pay increases or benefits. Though you can continue working these jobs (and should until something better comes up), Its often more expensive to work there. By that I mean that by the time you pay for gas, food, heat etc with your paycheck you might make $20 profit, if you're lucky. For most people, money is not handed to them by their parents or other means. This is of course all my own thoughts/ideas/observations, maybe I'm fucked I dont really know. Seems to me that unless you are part of the upper class or upper middle class you are screwed.