How can Jesus be the Christian God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by jerry111165, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Another serious question. How can Jesus be the Christian God? How can they both be one in the same?

There are instances in the Christian Bible where Jesus is talking to God - and praying to him so - ?

Right up until his end; “Forgive them Father”.

I find the whole deal odd. How could they possible be one in the same and yet talk to
    each other.

The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
    Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"

Jesus says many times in the Bible that he is God - that he can forgive sins etc -

So why on earth would he talk to god - or pray to god if he WAS GOD??

J

2. Oh Jerry, don't you have a lot of work to do or maybe take a day to relax. You really want to open this can of religious worms today? Now I will be sucked into this as well because the whole religion thing doesn't make any sense to me either. However it is a very prosperous business, if only I could come up with some crazy ideology that people would just throw their hard earned money at. I may tag along for this ride but the religious threads can be worse than the political ones.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Idk, this isn't RIU

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Well fudge, how can an Ace be 1 AND 11? You ever think of that?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'll play God's advocate.

When you are about to act in a moral situation and you stop and consider what is the best action, what are you doing?

Are you consulting yourself? Is there a higher self you are consulting? Is our highest self all the same being, I.e. God?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Yeah but the 1 doesn’t say “oh Father” to the 11 and pray to hmmm... himself??

Born of human parents but also created galaxies?

And @Framia - man I’ve been working from home trying to catch up on paperwork all darn weekend

I’m going nutso

10 hours yesterday and 4-5 today - I’m gonna get up on the riding mower and aimlessly ride around the yard and ponder on the Universe with a cold cooler of beer strapped to my side lol

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don’t think everything is meant to be taken literally.
    I don’t think our brains can understand imho

8. Now that sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday. Enjoy!

9. When a religion is based on a book that makes specific statements I’m not sure how it couldn’t be taken literally - the book says that Jesus IS God - yet he was praying to God and talking to God.

Either he was - or he wasn’t imo at least.

The part I hate - and I sincerely apologize for getting off track was the religion is supposed to be based on love and peace yet the God of the Old Testament killed so many thousands, children and women included, and so has the Catholic Church (and of course other denominations) so I completely and totally hate the do as I say - and definitely not as I do mentality.

But I am off track and apologize.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. No darn way - not if you’re GOD - CREATOR OF ALL.

j

11. 23795369_2036734559878944_5360622162243036322_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. What small thinking minds people have!

No where in the Bible does it state what God looks like. However neutrino sized pinhead men have assumed God must sort of look like and be like we humans...DUHHHH! That all followed from the similar nonsense the Earth was the center of God's universe, another thing that is not in the Bible that scholars decided must be true. But they were wrong there and...

Of course Jesus does look like us and for good reason because he became one with a human from birth. For all we know, God if he exists, is probably NOT the God as humans philosophers have endlessly speculated with omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, because that is magic impossible nonsense. But rather a immensely ancient intelligent entity, possibly organic/machine, that very much has limits as to powers though some of those powers may seem like magic to we infant race humans.

Consider how throughout the Old Testament much of God's work is done by angels. If God had unlimited powers and knew everything, and was everywhere as philosophers have doggedly claimed, he would not have needed to use angels at all and whatever he wanted done would just happen...Shazamm! So if God is not like a human but rather some unimaginably intelligent entity of unknown form, who is to say God cannot share minds of other entities or organic creatures? Consider if God if such is even possible can know what we are thinking, can know what we are praying to him, he must be sharing at least for limited time the mind of others. If that is true then the notion of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit doing so is hardly different. And even if they shared that mind, it doesn't mean they do so always as it might just be a part time thing when they "plug in" together..

• Creative Creative x 2
  13. Well - here we go.

IF Jesus was in fact one in the same as the original God that created the heavens and the earth, why would he pray to God (multiple times) or talk to him from the Cross, etc?

Why bother separating the two? Why not just show up and Say “I’m the Man” - bow down before me.

Why even go through the whole 2nd personality thing?

J

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I was always taught that Jesus was the son of God.....side note....I am IN NO WAY religious:GettingStoned:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I was too of course - heck, everyone went to church when I was a kid in the 60’s & 70’s. We listened to what we were told by people who had been told stories by their elders - and so on and so on.

How come the younger generation doesn’t really go to church - like, at all?

My boss was telling me the other day that we should be getting X amount of product per 5 gallon pail etc and I was skeptical and had to
    look it up for myself and he told me that while it wasn’t a bad thing, that I always questioned what I was told.

I have a hard time believing things that people or books tell me “because - it just is”.

That’s not good enough for me.

I was talking with my 23 year old and asked her this weekend if any of her friends went to church and she told me that not one of them did - not one...and she’s a smart kid (Registered Nurse) and hangs out with smart people.

None of them go to church - why?

J

16. They think they are too smart for it sometimes and their parents didn’t make them go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. When did this change for you? I’m guessing your parents brought you to church where you were told certain things - so when did your attitude about religion change? Just curious.

J

18. Hi @DonnieLee

Can ask how old you are? Do you have children and if so how old are they, and do they go?

Seriously curious.

J

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jerry, I agree with you....it doesn't seem majority of the "younger generation" goes to church....and I can't tell you why....I can just tell you how it was for me....

I went to a Private Episcopal School from K-4th grade....then I moved and started going to a Private Baptist School until the 7th grade where I then was enrolled into public middle school........I went to Church and Sunday School and went on church field trips and all that good stuff when I was younger....BTW I am 34......I never really thought about what all of that actually really meant when I was going to and through it all....but when I got older I basically felt exactly as you described it yourself as:I have a hard time believing things that people or books tell me “because - it just is”.

That’s not good enough for me.

I just didn't "believe" what they were "selling" and PLEASE NO ONE take that more than what im trying to say :love-m3j:

When I was in the Marine Corps we had discussions about this "type of subject" and it always seemed to come down to as people had too many questions and not enough answers.....

JUST MY PERSONAL TAKE ON IT FOLKS!:passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Because they weren't brainwashed as children and logical smart people can see all the holes in the "churches" business model.