how can i work towards or get a job in the field of marijuana?

Discussion in 'General' started by panflake, Feb 20, 2011.

1. im in that rut where im undecided major and really have like no interests in the majors ive seen. Ive been told many times to look for a career ill be happy doing. The only career i would be happy with would be something dealing with marijuana. Im so lost, marijuana is like my only interest that has careers in it. this might be written kinda fucked up, im a little out of it, sorry.

2. learn to blow glass...

or...

sell pot

3. Become a botanist and work on medical farms

4. Botany. Check out strain hunters on you tube.

5. train to become a DEA agent! :laughing:

6. There u go.

7. Can't you just become a legal farmer, I wouldn't mind doing that myself one day. I heard those guys make bank but I have done no research on it so I could be mistaken. :smoke:

8. botany is so boring...imo has nothing to do with marijuana

9. As recommended, I also say check out Botany. Though some people say it's boring. You get to learn about the genetics of plants. You get to learn what makes them flourish. If you take that knowledge and apply it towards marijuana, you could be one of those people making super strains. You could be doing some awesome hybrids. It could look good on a resume as well.

10. You won't get hired at a weed farm without a botany degree or atleaset some training/schooling.

11. Marijuana is a plant, no?

12. thanks for the replies, im at a JC right now so the majors are limited, ive also heard botany is boring and takes a real passion for plants of all kinds and it isnt offerd at my school. dam idk i just dont wana go in the wrong direction and waste years.

13. Think outside weed man. If it's all that interests you, you should probably take a step back and look for new interests. If you're options are limited at your school, look into transferring to a new one...

14. yes but whats he gonna do go learn about plants for years at college...they do not speak about growing marijuana, plants are boring as fuck

15. i know ive been thinking about this for very long and just dont find interest in anything