How can I tell how much water to put in.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edwardvanhalen, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Hey guys I have a question.
    I am putting my autoflower seed right into a 2 gallon pot.
    I'm used to using a small cup to start but its bad to transplant autoflower plants.

So my concern is how much water I should use with such a big pot. If I water the whole thing the water will sit in their because the plant is just beginning to grow.
    I was thinking just put a little water in at first, then add more as the plant gets bigger.

If their is too much water in your pot can it cause mold or anything like that because the soil would stay wet for a long time if I filled the whole pot with water. Sorry if this question is stupid but I really want to get this right.

2. 2 gallons is not too big yes you probably should have started an auto in the same bucket you want to finish it but you'll be ok 2 gallon pot of water about 16 ounces a Time that's roughly you want to start right the soil completely some running out the bottom as a good sign that's some not a lot

3. Finally lol. I have been wondering about this ever since I ordered my seed.
    I haven't grown in years and I am so excited and thank you so much for answering my question in the exact details I needed.

I don't know if you want to answer this but do you think I should get big bloom for when my autoflower is starting to show it's going into flower.