How Can I Teach My Sister With Cerebral Palsy To Play Video Games?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Canadian_Penis, Jul 3, 2014.

1. #1 Canadian_Penis, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    She wants to play them and that, but it's hard for her. She can play games like the sims, but in an fps, she has trouble just walking around. She can't move and aim at the same time.  She likes playing the games, but she gets frustrated when she can't go anywhere. How can she learn to move good? Is there a game that could help her learn? 

She would really love fallout if she could move around good in it, because of vats. It would be easy for her to shoot.
    She's left handed.

Also, if she has pulmonary valve stenosis, would it be safe for her to smoke weed?

2. #2 yurigadaisukida, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
    Idk what those diseases are, but I imagine like with any handicap, all you can do is try to cope.

She should be able to play an fps , it might just take longer to learn right?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Would a key board and mouse be any easier?

Sent from my LG-D803 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Maybe try some new peripherals for her, I imagine something like a racing game with a steering wheel/pedals wouldn't be too hard for her and there are lots of racing games out to play around with. There are some good flying plane war games out too that might be fun if she wants to try more competitive stuff she could try out a joystick set up.

I think an FPS would be pretty hard for someone with Cerebral palsy since the nature of the beast is precise aiming and cordanation. Fallout with the vat system might be a great place for her to start she'll have to learn to get used to the controls and it might take a while for her but would be a good starting point.

As far as if its safe for her to use marijuana with pulmonary valve stenosis, you should consult a doctor about that or at least do a good bit of research on it if you can. I don't have any medical expertise at all but Marijuana use can "Supposedly" increase blood clotting from the little bit of research I just did.
    \t 

5. #5 Deleted member 485635, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    I'm not a doctor, but for the PVS, I wouldn't recommend it until you talked to a professional. I know it drops blood pressure and can increase heart rate, and that may have negative effects on her heart. 

6. maybe try out war thunder with a gamepad. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5JK-2Yn5NA

7. no thats harder for her

8. she's worse at racing games. she is best at games that go slow. Minecraft with a controller is better cause it goes slow and nothing attacks you, and the controller is easier for her.

9. minecraft

10. I woukd say switch remote settings so like aim and shoot are diff buttons.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. either play with the control settings or break out an older FPS with simpler controls like Golden Eye. or Doom. or even Quake.