How can I stop this from happening?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Geoshot, Jan 8, 2016.

1. #1 Geoshot, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
    I know I can't stop it completely, but is there a filter of some kind that might reduce the amount of oil coming through?

If I used a Ti nail would this help? I'm thinking it's because the glass nail doesn't get hot enough.

I'm worried the perc will clog... I've got some Iso in the post and I'm going to let it run through the perc to clean it atleast once a week.
    This won't do any damage?

Thanks for answering my questions, this is my first rig and smoking wax has been amazing! I've got 6oz of bud and I just can't stop smoking the 5g of wax i have.......it's not lasting very long.

[​IMG]

2. Hello,

This frequently happens and it can potentially clog the perc depending on how you empty the fluids. I'd recommend some cleaning fluid, here is a good article that may give you a good bit of advice about how to go about cleaning it - http://bong-reviews.co.uk/how-to-clean-your-bong-p.... ISO is good but again, you'll find yourself cleaning it just as much as your hitting it.

Its probably the Nail not being hot enough causing you this problem although, as you can see its not been fully combusted due to the colour. Try heating the nail more or get a more efficient one and it should go a long way in preventing.

3. Perfect advise, thanks!

4. No problem, I hope you get your piece nice and spotless again!

5. Thats called reclaim and its going to happen no matter what. Its the smoke cooling and re solidifying itself to the inside walls of the rig. If it was from too hot of dabs or being the wrong nail then the joint area would be covered in oil.

6. #6 Geoshot, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    Ach dunno why the pic is sideways, but IT;S CLEAN! [​IMG]

I had to apply heat to the side of the bong, only enough to make the oils drip down into the 70% alcohol, swish then chuck it out. and it was pristine.

For the nail and downstem, I applied heat again only enough to make the oil drip and then used a pipe cleaner to scoop out.

[​IMG]