Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how can i stop the munchies???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankSmoker2181, Jun 23, 2011.

1. i get reallly bad munchies and eat alot of junk and alot of food. and i smoke daily. and lately i have been gaining some weight. it's so hard to smoke and not to eat because food tastes really good stoned. do you guys have any tips to help stop the munchies. so i can my weight under control. when i even eat before i still get the munchies.

2. Throw a dip in right after u smoke. It will stop u from being so damn hungry

3. that dip stuff is nasty sometimes i smoke a blunt it keeps the hunger down. or a little bit of a black and mild once in a while

4. Smoke more, it sounds like im kidding but I'm not. You usually eat because your bored and it's awesome high, but if you smoke a small j when your hungry you'll stop being bored. Or just get fruit instead of junkies.

5. You have to eat something with a low glycemic index before smoking.

Anything high in fiber. The rest is down to will power.

6. drink some water

or eat before you smoke

or eat fruit or some other healthy shit

7. Man I have the same problem. I can eat myself poor. I definitely found smoking cigs or tobacco in general definitely helps.

8. eat something

9. Dude I love the munchies and how delicious food tastes when your high. You just gotta eat healthy things that wont make u gain wait.. Like said before fruit is the way to go

10. i need a tip too cause i already ate supper 3 times tonight n now chips

11. Eat before you smoke, and keep drinking water.

12. (Terrifying Darth Vader-esqe voice)

YOU CAN'T STOP THE MUNCHIES! :devious:

13. I love the munchies... everything tastes amazing when stoned

14. chew gum... it'll get your mind off of food because your chewing on something.. it still tastes good and it'll keep your weight down

15. Yeah I often find that it is not in fact the munchies, rather the fact that every damn thing tastes 100 times better!

Nothing really new to add, what has worked for me has been:

1. Smoke after meals. That way, you know that you do not need to eat, rather just that you want to (will power!).

2. Tobacco helps. I would always light up a cig after a sesh, however it is a good way to get hooked on nicotine, and doesn't help if you are already a stoner.

3. Drink heaps of water, before, during and after seshing. Fill up on that shit. And it is good for you.

4. Chew gum for the reasons lonelystoner2 said!

I kind of talked myself into believing that eating whilst high brings you down, so now I pretty much just drink water!

16. Eat a good meal, or something filling before you smoke.
    If you smoke more then 3 times a day though, drink water/gatorade/powerade.

17. take some pills or something, my friend used to take these vibant pills and he would not get tired or get munchies, but probably not healthy

18. Eating before I smoked never helped. Only if I had an empty stomach before I smoked and it hurt. but the only thing that ever worked for me was to not any food at all until I was not high anymore, because once I started eating that' is when the munchies really kicked in. So I definently avoid food while high, because that's when I start making up shit to eat..like syrup sandwhiches :p haha and that would make me gain weight for sure. So I eat before so my stomach doesn't hurt from hunger pains.

19. Eat a little something something beforehand, drink water during your toking session and afterward. Your body honestly has a misconception that you are hungry whenever you may just be dehydrated. Marijuana definitely causes water stores to decrease. Best thing to do; big glass of water before bed and when you wake up. Helps keep your system flushed much more efficiently as a lot of toxins are processed during your hours of rest.

Source; future med school student.