How can I speed control my fan?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bottled Cat, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Yep, that's the exact fan controller that I bought.
    I just rigged up the 3 way speed adjuster, and it works like a charm. Only thing strange about it, is that Low and Medium both seem to run at about the same speeds which might possibly be to slow? Running a test right now with the light on to see what the temps get to. If this fails, might just have to get the VSC-DNe. :D

2. you know what i'd say....WAAAAYYYY easy to.

3. I incorporate two Variac controllers and love them. Probably my favorite pieces of equipment.

4. DON'T USE A LEVITON DIMMER SWITCH FOR "CAN FANS". THEY DON'T WORK, COULD CAUSE PREMATURE, "LIGHTEN EM UP" TOO.
    A Old-school Rheostat, ain't gonna get it. Need a solid-state type of controller. I've got the same deal goin on, but w/out the flames(lucky me)
    This is the plan; I'm gonna use a; ceiling fan remote controller". They are cheap, it has three fan speed presets, an an optional wire for any other item you wanna remotely control(like a,(*)GREEN LITE BULB) to find your way around w/ its dark in there! Im gonna wire it into a conduit outlet box(so you don't have to chop the wire on the CanFan) the use the other outlet for whatever, IE; (*).
    ? R U lost yet ?
    Now ! If U have disposable income. Go to Lux.com which is now; Johnson Controls. Lux has been around be4 the flood. They have been snaking their way into the "Grow Deal" like all the other greedy folk out there. Johnson controls is making "High End" Electrical controllers for everything(gas,light,fans,A/C, etc.)in the grow room now-a-days. Warning; you'll be payin!!!

6. I Dont see:smoking-rapper: anything foolish or ignorant about yer advice. :coffee: LA DR ON.