Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can i sharpen my grinder?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tukxai, Aug 3, 2011.

1. I have had my grinder for about a year and it just doesn't grind as well as it used to, any ideas on how to sharpen the teeth on it? :smoke:

2. Man this will be a slow process. Get as set of diamond sharpening stones. Very thin. Just push against the blade on one side. Pull up. Then the other side. Then the next stud. And so on. You can get it to razor sharpness like mine nix you have enough time

3. Is it an expensive/name brand one? If not I'd just buy a new one and keep that old one for emergencies or something...

4. ^^^. This, or if you're set on sharpening get a metal file and a lot of time. No need to make it razor sharp.

5. True about the razor sharp part. But I sharpen everything as good as possible:p

6. Be VERY careful using your grinder after you sharpen it. Metal shards may make your weed look shiny but I promise you your lungs wont enjoy them.

If I were you I'd just take some fine sandpaper and sharpen it with that. It's going to take awhile and it is gonna suck, you might just want to buy a new one.

7. If you paid more then 30 for it, sharpen it. If you paid less, get a sharpstone grinder.

8. my sharpstone has been going strong for almost 5 years now. got it for $15 on eBay. best investment ever.

9. Make sure you iso wash your grinder first... might as well get some hash before you start sharpening.