Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can I remove kief?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Newbez, Dec 21, 2011.

1. #1 Newbez, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    I don't have a kief box or a grinder with a kief chamber. Is there anyway to remove kief with some basic household equipment?

2. Idk But i just got a keif collector and I Fucking love it

3. You would need a fine screen, MAYBE a nylon stocking, and form a box around it like a kief box, with a coin inside to help shake everything off.

Or stop being cheap and buy a kief box, not that pussy 'grinder kief' crap, it puts those to shame

4. I don't understand, why would you want to remove the kief? It is just the trichomes that are on your bud, if you remove it then the bud is less potent... Sure, I have a 4pc grinder but I don't go out of my way to get more kief, just doesn't make sense to me.

5. because when your broke, and have no weed and you unlock the bottom of your grinder and discover a mound of golden goodness. the day has been saved

6. [quote name='"BLARNEYSTONES"']because when your broke, and have no weed and you unlock the bottom of your grinder and discover a mound of golden goodness. the day has been saved[/quote]

But to be fair, if your bud was more potent, you would need less to get high, and still have weed left over. Seems to me its effectively doing the same thing as trying to hide weed from yourself, so you find it on a rainy day. I get that and all, but logically the total amount of highness should be the same.

7. #7 AcousticToker, Dec 21, 2011

What?? Man all I see of you is posting mis-information or claims with nothing to back it up around the City. No wonder you have negative rep.. Grinder kief is not 'crap', it is actually very very good and if it has come from some top nugs you are sure as hell going to get blasted. :smoke:

To OP my advice would be to save up and go for a 4 piece grinder with the mesh, you'll be glad you did in the long run imo. Will grind up your bud for a nice and smooth smoke but also you'll have a little kief reserve which is great! You can probably pick a decent one up for around $20/$25, infact.. I just got my gf one for christmas today (hope she doesn't see this - she's on the City) for £17, which ain't too bad, a HeadChef too. But yeah once you have that kief stash you can then:

Sprinkle a little onto bowl and get baked:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Press it and get baked:
    [​IMG]

Save it and after awhile have a sesh to remember. :ey:

Orrr you could just pick it/use scissors my dad and a lot of the older generation do it this way and I don't begrudge them in the slightest, each to their own and all that.. I just like my toys I guess. :p

Hope I was of some help, all good things mate.

EDIT: Here's mine and my ladies herb helpers side-by-side...
    [​IMG]
    Her's is bigger than mine?!? Well I never...

8. If you think it gets you the same amount of highness you probably haven't smoked kief or hash. Kief gets me soooo much higher than I could get by just smoking bowls of greens. :bongin:

Stay lifted :smoke:

9. [quote name='"Mrmarijuana"']

If you think it gets you the same amount of highness you probably haven't smoked kief or hash. Kief gets me soooo much higher than I could get by just smoking bowls of greens. :bongin:

Stay lifted :smoke:[/quote]

I think you seriously misunderstood. I have a 4pc grinder, I've smoked Kief and hash. Yes they get you higher. That wasn't what I was saying.

The kief comes from somewhere right? It doesn't materialize, it came from your bud. If you don't collect kief, and just smoke the bud with the kief on it, you need less weed then.

The point is that getting kief doesn't further you in any way. You can smoke just kief and get higher sure, but the kief came from bud. I'm not saying people shouldn't collect kief, but the total amount of THC doesn't change, whether you take it off or keep it on the bud.

10. #10 profpothead, Dec 21, 2011
    Nah man, from what I understand Kief, is the dried trichomes that fall off of your bud. That's why even if you don't have a grinder with the chamber to collect kief, the walls of a regular 2pc grinder will eventually become filled with kief. And to extract that I use the metal pick I bought for my vaporizer, but I hear you can also use a knife to scrape the kief off.

Edit: you can't smoke the bud with the kief on it because kief is in a sense, the byproduct of grinding up your weed. Like it just falls off of your bud when you grind it up

11. I'd say smoking the equivalent amount of weed to smoking lets say a bowl of Kief,
    It might take you longer to smoke the same amount of Kief that would be In the weed but it either way you get high,
    But smoking a bowl of Kief that's the same amount would prob get you more high because your smoking all that thc Kief at once , rather then smoking all the weed with Kief in it

12. [quote name='"profpothead"']

Nah man, from what I understand Kief, is the dried trichomes that fall off of your bud. That's why even if you don't have a grinder with the chamber to collect kief, the walls of a regular 2pc grinder will eventually become filled with kief. And to extract that I use the metal pick I bought for my vaporizer, but I hear you can also use a knife to scrape the kief off.

Edit: you can't smoke the bud with the kief on it because kief is in a sense, the byproduct of grinding up your weed. Like it just falls off of your bud when you grind it up[/quote]

Not quite. Theres many ways to make kief fall off easier. Many people go out of their way to get as much as they possibly can. In a 4 piece grinder for example you're creating a chamber specifically made for trapping kief.

In a 2 piece grinder the kief ends up exactly where your weed is, so you pick it up along with your weed. But since its not seperated its not really kief.

And yes, kief will collect in a 2 piece grinder along the walls and stuff, as will small bits of green. The exact same thing will happen in a 4 piece grinder though. The only difference is that in a 2 piece the kief is sitting there with the weed, and in a 4 piece its put in its own compartment via a screen.

So no, the same kief your collecting with a 4 piece, is going into your green bowls with a 2 piece.