how can I protect my family and friends?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by throatcream69, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Hi I was wondering how I might be able to continue my growing without potentially incriminating anyone else who is in the house, it would break my heart to bring anyone down with me if shit hits the fan. Does anyone have a little insight on this??

2. they have to pass as oblivious. She has to convince law enforcment that you grow Veggies and smoke "spice" or tobbaco blends. Anyway. the dumber they act the better IMO, that's all ive thought of when I asked myself this same question. but honestly bro if your smart enough to grow lowkey without being "flashy" or "loud" then you shouldnt be worried bro honestly. again this is just IMO

3. If you live in an area that growing is not legal, then in the eyes of the law, there isnt one.

4. Why would your friends be at any risk?

5. So your saying that my old grandma who is incapable of even making her way down to the basement would be also held accountable? I was really thinking/hoping there was a way to protect her and my girlfriend. One of the few conclusions was to act oblivious but I'm not sure that would do it or not. So basically if I grow in a house without anyone else's knowledge then potentially I could bring them down with me? That's kind of fucked up..

6. In the eyes of the law, no one is safe. Now Im not some hard core anti police person by any means, but I have a backround with criminal law, and I can tell you, that if its in your house, and its illegal, the people who live there besides you are GUILTY until proven innocent.
    When that door gets kicked in, they dont ask question, they put everyone on the floor and cuff the lot.
    The police on scene do not book you, they only arrest you and put you up the chain, and those above them who are doing the paperwork are not going to know that the girlfriend, or grandma doesnt have a clue. Their bank accounts could be searched, as with phone records, backround checks.

Now Im not saying they cant get off of any charges, but it will cost them in court to do so. That is even with you saying they had no knowlege.

They will find an ounce, then claim its street value was $3000, any money in the home is drug money.
    The trick with the police is to throw everything at you thats possible and see what sticks.

Cops are not going to think there is a grow room and no one knows about it but one person yet all live there. If you dont own the house, the person that does is going to be in hot water as well. If its a big enough operation, or there is a intent to sell that is proven, then the house could be taken, as well as cars or anything else that might be remotely linked to drug money.
    Its not a pretty situation.
    Now take this with a grain of salt as well, because alot depends on where you live, if your a mm patient, or if the structure is not part of the main house. There are alot of different facts that you havent shared that might make the situation different.
    But the reality, if you have others living there who do not know, I would suggest finding another place to do your grow.
    Good luck!

7. thank you for that information man, very helpful. i made this thread because i care about my family and if this is the case then i very well might need to close shop unfortunately i couldnt imagine putting them in a situation like that

8. Now granted, what I posted is the worst scenario, but in reality, it happens to people all the time. Is getting a card to grow a possibility in your area?

9. It is kinda fucked up, and why generally we don't advise people to grow in a house that isn't theirs. If it is your house and gram gram is truly disabled I'd have a hard time believing she is at any risk. Your gf is a different story though

10. Sadly, a grow card is not a possibility in my area but I'm still very young and id one day like to pursue what I love to do legally. I don't particularly care for where I currently live anyway. Does anyone know where I can read up on the steps and process of becoming legal? I'm sure there has to be a simplified version that could give me an idea since I'm sure it all varys state to state

11. Or maybe ill just Google when I get home haha

12. Thats the best way, most state have consulting companies where you can see (at least an example) of what the law requires you to do to be legal.