Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can I obtain an OMMP card??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gypsygrower, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Hello Friends,

So I am from the east coast making plans to move to Oregon by next spring (hopefully to grow my medicine in peace). There are some questions I have about the OMMP.

I've been growing for quite some time now and was wondering,
    q
    1. Could I just be a grower and still obtain an OMMP card?

2. Medical Marijuana helps me sleep (doctor says I have slight Insomnia), stimulate my appetite, and I have nerve damage in my neck from working in the general labor field for so long.. do I qualify?

3. Is there a more "user friendly" part of Oregon I should be aware of?

I have my heart set on Oregon from all the pictures, listings, and information I've looked at and personally think its beautiful.

Thank you for your time. Happy smoking. Happy growing.

-Gypsygrower.

2. Hello,
    First, let me say that your choice in considering Oregon is a good one. Me, I was born and raised there and still live there. Amazing and beautiful state Oregon is. What part of Oregon are you considering?
    As far as getting an OMMP card, Insomnia is not one of the qualifying conditions, however your nerve pain, if chronic and sever might be. You would need doctors records, lab results ect and most likely be required to have several physician visits with an Oregon Dr before you would be able to proceed with getting your OMMP card. One recommendation that I have is to attempt to work with either Oregon Green Free or NORML (NORML helped me a great deal in obtaining my card)
    Best of luck, and hope this helps.

3. First off, Thank you :).

I am currently looking into southern Oregon like... Medford, Ashland, Grants Pass, etc. I'm leaning more towards Medford. And from what I understand Medford is only 30 miles or so from Cali!! its almost the perfect spot in my mind but you live there so you would know more then I would.

4. I read into the laws and restrictions as well and one thing I've caught is a patient can appoint you to be a grower and the state will supply an ommp card for that grower. On the OMMP application form (wich I've printed out) all a patient has to do is list a grower and the location if the patient does not grow at there place of residence.

Seems like a loopull although my card could be revoked if the patient decides he or she isn't interested with that particular grower. Meaning i would never have a personal OMMP card. Just a temp card appointed by the state to grow a patients medicine.

5. #5 OptimusKind, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Oregon has a great climate for growing outdoors. Altho I hated the hot summers in the valley. There are plenty of patient resource centers and hydro stores too. Most of the resource centers will pretty much walk you through how to get a card.

I tried going the "be a grower for someone" thing once and it didnt feel comfortable, ended up getting my own full card to grow for myself.

Good luck with the big move! :D

6. thankyou kindly.

7. Southern Oregon is perfect for outdoor grows, long sunny and warm summers. I love the valley, always have and always will. The summers do get hot 100+ degrees, and sometimes it can seem almost unbearable, but thankfully we have a wealth of rivers and lakes.
    Medford is a good place, lots of Patient service and help businesses as well as the already mentioned multitudes of grow shops. Most people here are very laid back and the weed culture is quite prevalent.
    As far as a grower's card, yes you can grow for a patient, but as you said, for only as long as they are interested in you growing for them. However, having a grower's card doesn't legally allow you to consume the marijuana, so perhaps you'd be best suited to getting your patient's card.
    If you move to Medford, go straight to NORML with your medical doccuments and they can quickly and easily get the ball rolling for you. They were extremely helpful in obtaining mine and are located downtown Medford. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me at Wolfsh@gmail.com

8. First the fee must be paid in full with each new or renewal application. Make your check or money order payable to “State of Oregon”. Cash payments are accepted at the State Office Building cashier’s office in Portland. A 10-day hold will be placed on the issuance of cards paid by personal check.