how can I make my truck sound more beast?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by MaJeStY420, Dec 8, 2012.

1. What do you use this truck for op? And you've had all the answers you need here already I'm just curious.

2. Just to drive to work and home.. About it. Sometimes I throw stuff in the bad. I don't tow anything or go off road

3. This truck really is loud as hell man but I noticed is does get slightly raspy when I pinch it. Hard to describe the sound. I just asked the guy I bought it from what kind of exuast it has on it. Let's see what he says.

4. #44 MaJeStY420, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    He just told me it has straight pipes with 4 inch flow masters.

5. Any real man can tell that just by looking under the truck.....

Id imagine the average girl could too.

I already posted the link to a site that is better than asking GC.

from the tiny pipes i seen, you will probably want to get a pair of longtube headers and just redo the entire exhaust system. as already said about 20 times.

6. NIce man just don't go cheap on exaugst or headers. The more you get out the more you can get in.

7. Why do I need to redo the entire exhaust system? Isn't straight pipes with 4 inch flow masters good? Could in just out on some long headers or whatever I've been reading?

8. The piping is thin and restrictive compared to some 3 or 3 and a half inch piping.

long tube headers and that piping would probably sound like shit. thats why....

do you have to? No. do you want to? Yes.

if you are dropping money on headers, you want a real exhaust system too.
    as others said, dont even waste your money trying to cheap out. save up and get some quality stuff. im betting you aren't doing to yourself from the way you talk about cars so you are going to need to pay for labor too.....

gonna be pretty expensive, this isnt some 400$ project here....

as i already said like 3 times, go to the link i posted.

9. I don't see why people think loud trucks are cool.......they're annoying as fuck imo haha

10. If you had an unnecessary loud car and you live near my house i'd smash your muffler off. you should pay extra money to have a quieter car not a louder one for fucks sake. what's the point? so you can annoy everybody around you

11. You sell the truck and get a penis enlargement.

12. Eh. I'm not going to spend more than $400. I've been driving it pretty hard lately through neighborhoods and shit and it's ridiculously loud already. Louder than I originally thought.

13. I already have a very thick 7 inch dick that I'm very happy with.

14. You won't.

Seriously? Ever think the owner may actually like the sound of their motor? I'd rather not have a restrictive exhaust robbing power from me.

15. Uhhhh. No... you got some 4 inch tips not 4 inch flowmasters... asfar as I know without looking anything up there is no "4 inch flowmasters" .... there's just flowmaster series mufflers, and none of which I can indentify on your truck.

The other blade that keeps linking to the truck forum is right also. You're gonna have to drop some coin if you want it to sound good.

16. That's a good way to get your face smashed in. Especially if you come onto my property and then damge my vehicle's exhaust system, just because you don't like it.... thanks for destroying something I worked hard for and spent money on just to be an uptight asshole.

• Like Like x 1
  17. All the people who are hating on him for wanting a good sounding exhaust system must have been molested by a man with a loud truck when they were young.

18. Jumbo is winning this thread

19. If I found out who you were, you'd hear my loud exhaust all night and you wouldn't have grass in the morning. In fact, since you smashed my muffler off, it would be even louder :laughing:

We don't strive just for loudness. We like a good sound too. I keep my SUV under 1500 rpm in the neighbourhood so that I don't piss people off. Then by the time I get on a main road she's warmed up and I can let her fly :)

20. People like loud cars for attention, that's the bottom line, sure it sounds "cool" and maybe it makes more power but the bottom line is sound. People want it to be loud so they will be noticed, its the same principle with an automobiles horn; you want it to be loud so people will hear it and notice you when you blare on it.
    Where I live there is a huge concentration of people with massive trucks and while most of em don't have loud exhaust systems, some of em do, and they're annoying as fuck. They don't sound cool and they don't make people think "damn, that dude is a badass" it's just stupid and very attentionwhore-ish, especially since most of these trucks also have 24in chrome asanti's or some other ridiculously gaudy and hideous bullshit on them.
    I'm all for self-expression and personalization but it's pretty obvious that some of these truck and loud-exhaust car guys have some serious self-esteem issues they need to work out instead of taking it out on their poor trucks/cars.
    For the record I'm not hating on everyone with a loud exhaust, on the contrary, I love the sound of a well tuned, powerful engine but I don't want to hear it every-time I'm within a 5mi radius of it. There's a big difference between sounding good, and just plain ole being loud and obnoxious.

• Like Like x 1