how can I make my truck sound more beast?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by MaJeStY420, Dec 8, 2012.

1. had a friend who did this with his chevy truck, got pulled over almost every other day lol. :smoking:

my truck has long tube headers, and 3 inch piping to side dumping tips. dumps out before the read tire on the right side, sets off car alarms all the time. lol

454 7.4L v8 with some modifications....

also are you going to be using this truck for actual truck work? lol are you planning to tow shit or fill up the bed with bags of concrete until it cant hold anymore or it looks like the tires are gonna pop?

2. I'd have to say that for a V8 truck, the winning combo is long tube headers like others have said, a high flow cat, and flowmaster mufflers (40 series sound nice). That probably won't be as loud as you want, but it'll sound good and still be loud. And it will be legal.

3. A ram air intake (requires hood and a few other mods) or a cold air intake with long tube headers, high flow pipes with straight ends. Also like jumbo is saying, if you can have your pipes worked to reduce the length also makes it louder.

4. Ok I've got exactly what you need.

1. CAI. This will increase throttle response, add a little power, deepen the engine's grunt, and looks cool.

2. Long tube headers. Gives it that perfect sound and adds a decent bit of power higher up in the RPM's.

3. Turn down exhaust. Pretty much exactly how it sounds, pipes coming off the headers and pointing down to the ground. Nobody will see them, but they'll hear you.

Done. Do that.

5. if you want to be loud with out spending money, just do straight pipes.

headers, intake, mufflers, cats, new pipe, its gonna be a couple grand to have it all done. and if you are doing all that, you might as well man up and have new cams, lifters, injectors put in and have it tuned so it will actually run well.

for someone who knows nothing about vehicles, you should really look into this more and educate yourself before just jumping in after asking/looking on a single forum.

6. and nothing past them.

7. I guarantee you there is a forum out there dedicated to exactly your kind of truck. You are much more likely to get a good/specific answer that pertains to your exact situation from a place like that than here at GC.

8. #28 threedaysgrace, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    Glass pack!!! Follow sound ordinance or you will get pulled over! It happened to me with strait pipes haha

9. Might as well just get a giant bumper sticker that says "Yes, I am compensating for something".
    Really man don't be that guy, no one likes that guy.

10. LOLOL SMALL PENOR U HAS TRUCK. 

lol Dont be that guy that has to say that just because someone likes loud engines and fast trucks that they have a small penis and no friends. Dont be that guy, no one likes that guy.

You like what i did there? :hello:

11. For the love of god don't put glasspacks on your truck. they sound like trash on any vehicle and people always do it to trucks. Get some flowmaster 40s, or some magnaflows. SLP loudmouth II's sound good on LS1 cars they would probably sound good on a 5.3 truck as well

12. Well played sir.

But really, you all know the guys I'm talking about, sitting at the red lights looking around to see if anyone noticed how kewl their car/truck is, just waiting to floor it and impress everyone with their super duper modified exhaust systems... Shit is truly lame.

13. Who says he'd be that guy? Just because someone has an exhaust that is loud doesn't mean they're attention whores.

14. Straight pipe.

15. Sounds more like you are a hater of peoples cool cars. lol

How do you know they are flooring it to impress you? How do you know they even know that you are there? They might need to shit, or maybe they are late for work. Maybe, they are just enjoying their vehicle and are impressing themselves with the hard work they put into it by rebuilding the engine or what not.

People hating what others do while having no understanding of their mentality, are truly lame. Just do what makes you happy. :cool:

16. What kind of pipes do I have? I want them even louder.

ForumRunner_20121211_132354.png

ForumRunner_20121211_132428.png

17. #38 Jumbo, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    do you know anything about cars? I barely know shit, but id know those pictures do not help what so ever lol.

cant see shit, we need to see if its true dual, are those y piped, is there anything done to it other than the tips? headers?

only thing that helps is that its probably just some 2 inch piping, probably stock, stock everything.

look that the last 3 pages man, we already told you what to do.

18. #39 Raizor, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    Dude, when I said lay down under the truck and snap a pic of the whole exhaust..... I meant the whole exhaust all the way back to the motor. I can't tell if you have straights or not. I need to be able to see if you still have cats and those would be under the cab.

So far all I can say is that you have a muffler delete, and if that's all it has then it probably doesn't sound good at all. My guess would be it sounds a little raspy when you get on it. I definitely say get some flowmaster 40's for your truck already though. They sound great on the 5.3.

Edit: some bigger exhaust tubing would be good too. Looks like just stock size out to some tips. Be glad you don't have the 350. I knew some kid with a 350 z71 yukon who just took the mufflers off and used that same size tubing to some tips..... jesus it sounded awful. He called me on the phone the day he did it in his dads shop and he was like "hey listen to my truck!" And so he got on it goin down the road and my response to him was "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR MOTOR" and he was like " oh I just put a badass exhaust on it" "well it sounds like your shit's diein over the phone"

Still sounded like shit in person.

19. lol my friend put a flowmaster on a 4 cyl. s10 omg sounded like a knife scraping against a plate it was so raspy lol loud as FUCK though. like annoying loud not good sounding loud.