How can i make my setup produce more

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KiLoTheDude, Nov 18, 2010.

1. #1 KiLoTheDude, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    i currently have a 4x8 flood tray generally with 12 plants on each half in different stages of flowering. On average with 12 plants i only yield an average of one lb per harvest and i feel that with other growers experience I should be able to produce more, some even saying under this setup i should get 2-3 lbs for the 12 plants. I have done my research and know all of the factors including strain, nutes, etc just wanted some possible suggestions.

set up- 4x8 ebb flow
    2x1000 watt
    co2 generator
    strain- purple kush(clones from dispensary)

I have gone through about 4 grows under this setup but seem to reach a max output, any suggestions would be great thanks

2. #2 jonnyplayer, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    that is low for that many watts. to max 1000's you need 5x5 area for each so you may be burning more light than they can use. Also you will yield better with master kush. I would bet that you would yeild the same in that space with two 600's and your power bill would be almost half. The yeild isn't bad for the space, a lot of people talk but that isn't too bad, If your table was 5x 10 I bet u would gain 1/2 pound per light. Finally If you aren't topping plants at least once during veg, you need to expecially with that few plants. You might try 16 per light. That works better for me and I still top them. To get advertised yields they grow like twenty five per light and don't top them, flipping them fairly small.

3. veg your plants for longer..... since it appears your only using hps.. you get what you get... if you want more...

my suggestion.. since you have divided your grow in two...

just have another flood table and another 1000 watt grow.. this way you can go back and fourth with mh and get some more growth before switching over to hps...

this would be the only way unless you find some sort of chemical that will give you a larger yield... i'd say not possible...

more veg=more yield

keep us posted