Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can I make a pipe out of this?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BlazedPlatypus, Dec 28, 2013.

1. I was in London in June (I live in America) and I saw this on the ground on the grass and picked it up. It had fallen off of a tree.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

It's in the perfect shape of a pipe! Anyone have any ideas on how I can begin forming this into a smokable pipe?

2. And damn it the photos rotated. Oh well.

3. i have a feeling itll not be the best hitting pipe, but i would smooth it out with sandpaper then drill holes where there wud be holes and i wud add a metal bowl where the weed goes. wish u luck man! post a pic of end product, ive been wanting to make one like that too.

4. I would start by carving the bowl out by hand with a knife, then I would get a drill and drill a hole from the mouthpiece to the bowl. 

I would do it in that order so I could use the bowl to see when my drill is exactly where I want it. If you don't you may drill too far.

5. Whoa, thanks universe!

I have a wooden pipe myself and it works great. I basically agree with the blades above but I'd try to drill the chamber in such a way so that it goes underneath the bowl itself, that way when you carve out the bowl, you can just drill a small hole through the bottom of the bowl into the chamber below. That just makes it a lot easier to put a screen in if you ever wanted. 

Might taste a bit like wood a few times so I'd use an herb that you don't particularly care for but after a few uses the resin builds up and you won't taste it.

Good luck man.  :smoke:

I dont know if im the only one who sees this but....  u must be high.

My question is why would u keep this stick for like 6 months, without doing anything to it. Then just randomly post this 6 months later. This is fucking hilarious.

7. #7 Jingo Dookstain, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    I think all you'd need is a power drill, chisel, and patience.

But I'm willing to bet that that wood is very weak and probably not the best material for a pipe... especially because it's been dead and left alone for over six months xD, hell, might burst into ashes as soon as you put a lighter to it!

8. Wouldn't it just be easier buying a glass pipe?

9. #9 BlazedPlatypus, Dec 29, 2013
    I didn't know where I put it. Jesus man. Just recently came across it. I'm not the only one who thinks it looks exactly like a pipe. I mean it fuckin does. I'm also not high lol. Wish I was though.

10. I have one.

11. even if you could make it work, you'd have no way to clean the resin out.  

12. I'm getting shit for this all of the sudden. I have a glass pipe. I thought it would be cool to make a pipe with this. I don't even have to use it. God forbid lmao

13. #14 nomad881, Dec 29, 2013
    Don't let other blades get u down bro! It'd make a sick pipe, I myself believe you aren't a true stoner if you can't look at an object and think "yeah, I could probably smoke out of that! " I make at least 1 new piece a month, but I also buy glass. Some tokers like hitting something they made! Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. its just not practical..  nobodies giving you (much) shit...   we dont use like, ladies tea party homo manners here bro

15. And some of the things I make ARE made out of glass Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

16. Opps. sorry man, didnt mean to offend u. I was just sayin, it sounds funny that u kept a tree branch for 6 months. I mean does that not sound funny to u. lol. But once again i wasnt meaning to offend u.

17. #18 Thee Mushroom Man, Dec 29, 2013
    u should proceed to making the thing. If u screw up making it, then go out in the woods and find another branch like that. I make homemade shit all the time, and i have a bong, bowl and plenty of papers. Its just fun to create shit, and then smoke from it. 

18. #19 Burning J 420, Dec 29, 2013
    I mean you could make it if you want to but it would take a lot of work to make it look nice. Idk where I would start.