How can i keep my plants as small as possible?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmokeyMcPott, May 30, 2009.

1. l would like to grow in a computer tower, my plants will need to be extremely small and i was wondering if any one knows any special tricks while keeping my yield as big as possible? I will only have one plant growing if this helps

2. LST is the best way. Look at the guide in the Absolute Beginner's section

3. Although it may sound weird you can LST and then through a SCROG on top. Just remember to keep the screen high enough up so you have space to water the plant, trim, etc. It is simple and keeps a nice even canopy so lighting will be made a little bit easier. (Only scrog if your sure its female or your going to have a heck of a time trying to get that thing out of there.)

4. This sounds like a great method. I would say definitely start with LST, and if you feel like it, tackle the SCROG part when it's ready for that.

I would think 12/12 from seed would help too. No experience with this, just supposing.

5. I've seen a few good 12/12 from seed grows in pc case grows on the internet. Just google "12/12 from seed" and see for yourself. There was one grower who had consistent yields of about 1.5 oz from each plant and they never got larger than 16 in. When you start 12/12 from seed, the plant grows different, it doesn't put out side branches and just grows straight up, then when it flowers it just forms one big cola that covers the whole plant. Some people say that 12/12 from seed reduces potency, but the grower I mentioned before said he did tests with clones one in 12/12 from the start and one normal and there wasn't any noticeable difference.

6. The potency argument comes up a lot, I've spoken to people who swear the it will decrease potency and how they compared different crops taken from 12/12 and from normal grow with extra veg period. But there are also plenty who feel equally strongly that it does not decrease potency at all.

I'm going to give it a try next grow, for time constraints mostly.