How can I induce purpling of buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by theBeesFamily, Dec 5, 2016.

1. I am growing blueberry, which is known to purple, so I know it's possible, I also have an AC unit in my flower room and it gets down to low 60s to mid 50s at night, and I thought that genetics and cold temps were the only two purpling factors but we're at around week 4 and still no purple.
    Anyone?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Genetics and cold

• Like Like x 3
  3. Check on both. Does it start late into flower? Close to harvest? Like I said we're going on week 5

4. Mine turned purple towards the end

5. You can always add food coloring to the water. But that is not reccommended.

6. this is not classroom show and tell elementary tho.. u have the wrong forum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. if its not in its genes its not in its genes,,,,,,,,, that particular girl there i mean..

8. you're simply slowing growth, let it be herself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. purple is related to antocyanin which the plant produce as an "protection" and usually even the plants that produce this colour will lower their thc levels.
    if you still interested on making it purple than its related to light wave length and temp(imitate winter conditions)

10. Would you rather have purple buds than dank buds?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. No I would not rather have purple than dank. I'm going for quality. I didn't know that quality diminished as purpling occured

12. I think the strains that are actually purple have caused old wives tales to circulate. It's probably true that you can get some color by stressing a plant with cold but that is certainly not ideal and it's not how most purple bud you see is actually made. It's just purple. You grow it the same as other plants and it turns purple as a mofo by itself.

I feel lucky I might have the most purple phenotype of GDP I've ever seen. The buds have very little green on them. At a distance when you look at a jar or a bag it looks brown until you get closer. Most people that see it trip out but it happens every time to me. I'm on my 4th crop of it. No cold necessary. It turns just as purple in the hot summer.

It starts turning color as soon as real bud development starts. The thought has crossed my mind that this pheno has so much color I should hoard it for myself and not give out clone. I kind of ruined that already though so what's the point in being stingy now. I spread the purple all over town.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Good for you I guess? I think I've seen that first image on google.

14. I guess she will turn purple if she wants too, thanks for those with advise, looks like it was kind of a touchy subject.

15. If you really want a purple strain just keep popping seeds until you get one you like. Don't try to turn the good strain you already have into a purple plant when it's not.

• Like Like x 1
  16. No google image bro. That's my bud. I'll post one that's near the same bud not as good to prove it to you if you like.
    This is the first time this image has ever been on the net. Just uploaded it to photobucket.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. If you want to come to Alaska I'll put a clone in your hand. Not sure how you'll get it home though... =)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Let nature do it's thing OP. If it turns purple it's due to genetics or cold temps.
    I grew some Chemdawg last winter outside and ended up with a lot a purple coloring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@Tbone Shuffle awesome looking bud amigo.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Even when the plant is green and the tent is warm it starts turning purple about 2 weeks into bud.
    [​IMG]
    If you look at this picture, even though there is no purple on the plant and it's just started to shoot out hairs being 1 week in 12/12 look at the bottom side of the leaves. There's already a lot of purple in the plant just in veg.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. Looks good Tbone, maybe I'm kinda sad my bud isn't as sexy. I'm growing chemdog too, hope mine looks that good, you get that from HSO?

• Like Like x 2