How can I help you? Car issues anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by italian stallion, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Go to your honda dealer and get the plastic clip from the door handle rod- to the handle assy.( part #8-97102-756-0 ) $0.50 prolly. You will need to take the inside door pad off. I think two screws and the rest just pops off. If you find that the rod is still on your door handle itself may be broken.
    good luck.

2. That guy is right about your o2 simulator. Install that.

3. Sergio your a great help bro. I have a question. I want to purchase new speakers for my 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I could just take off the door panel and measure the speaker but I'd rather not. Do you know of a website that will tell you the size of the factory speakers in your car?? Also know of a good site that sells good speakers for cheap??

4. thanks sergio.
    i am on my way to the honda dealership today. i will let you know how it turns out. thanks again for donating your services to the gc community. :hello:

5. [quote name='Still Smokin']Sergio your a great help bro. I have a question. I want to purchase new speakers for my 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I could just take off the door panel and measure the speaker but I'd rather not. Do you know of a website that will tell you the size of the factory speakers in your car?? Also know of a good site that sells good speakers for cheap??[/quo

Audio is not my specialty. Your ford dealer parts dept. could answer the size question no problem and fast 1 phone call.

I'm not much for shopping online. Do you have a car audio store where you live? It might be better to see and hear the product before you buy it. The car audio store will have an aplication guide you could screen thru.

Hope that helps.

6. Good luck and don't break any of those clips when popping the door panel off. You may want to get a couple of those while your at the dealer. They always break.

7. so, the fucking parts department is closed on weekends. i guess it will have to wait till monday.

8. It's laid back in Cali.:smoke:

9. i forgot to mention......my steering wheel shakes like hell when i go over like 50mph. should i be concerned with this?

10. Yes be concerned very very concerned. have that shit checked out man. Could be a tie rod end ready to break and ruin your day. Or it could be a simple tire balance is needed . Either way be safe and have it checked out by a pro.

Safety first:smoking:

11. I just acquired it. It has 114k and is in near perfect condition.

12. Nice pick up!!!!:smoke:

13. Since it is old, the suspensions are probably worn. Do you know the generally cost of getting these fixed/replaced?

14. Have it checked out. What ever is not life threating wait on and let me know what they are charging you. Prices differ from area to area but i'm sure I could give you an idea if it's a fair price.

15. my car wouldn't start tonight... and i think its for a few reasons... The car basically wouldnt turn over. It wasn't battery (got it jumped just incase). When i turned the key, the engine would crank over and over, and eventually sound sluggish.

Three factors for why im pretty sure it wouldn't start:

Low Gas Indicator had turned on about .5 miles before being parked and turned off hours prior to not starting. (Low on gas, but im pretty sure i can't be out... I can normally get quite a few miles outta the car with the gas light on).

It was alot colder outside then when it had last started.

Its parked on a hill.

Will my car start tomorrow in the day if its warmer out? I don't wanna have to leave my car at my friends house too much longer... Should i add more gas? I dont see how i can be out, the gas light JUST came on.

any help appreciated.

16. You need a fuel tank sending unit. Not sure what year your vehicle is but it's part of the fuel pump assy.

17. Sounds like your battery is weak. Bring gas too. couldn't hurt. but get a battery or jump start it and have your alternator checked too.

18. Did your vehicle start????? I'm curious.

19. Wow, sergio! This thread is still going and you're still helping people. You rock, dude. :D

20. It's been slow at work so I have time. I enjoy helping, brings good karma to my grow.LOL